[Guide] How to make animated previews of faces with Win10

A simple preview image for faces are nice but it lacks the “special something”. For Windows 10 users making animated previews is extremely easy. Here’s how to do it.

Initial Setup

1. Turn your watch on and enable USB Debugging (Settings> About> Developer Settings)
  2. Connect you watch to your PC
  3. Install Vysor for Chrome on your PC
  4. Vysor will start up and install the required app on your watch
  5. Once installed you will see your watch’s screen on your PC

Setting Up Recording & Recording Vysor

1. Using THIS GUIDE enable screen recording
  2. Once set up, click on the Vysor window.
  3. Press Win+Alt+R to start recording
  4. Record about 5 seconds then press Win+Alt+R again to stop

Making an Animated GIF & Posting

1. Your recorded videos are located at “This PC\Videos\Captures”
  2. Using an online mpeg to gif converter upload your video
  3. Once the conversion is complete, upload the image to your favorite cloud storage service that allows image linking
  4. Create your watchface post and embed the animated gif into the post

Here’s the end result

*NOTE
I will be expanding this guide to cover other versions of Windows in the future. So if you are not using Windows 10, please be patient.

1 Like

Note: this in the Terms and Conditions of image.online-convert.com,
“For this purpose, the Customer grants the Provider a right of use of the file, unlimited by time or space.”

hi
i install vysor but when i connect watch and enable usb debbuging i have message “Because an app is obscuring a permission request, Settings can’t verify your response”… any help thanks.

Unfortunately, this is literally the case.
I also encountered this problem on Android 7 watches.
There is no other way than to delete the applications that were installed one by one.
An installation or upgrade is interfering with this system. First delete the ones that affect the system (brightness, volume, display on and off, etc.), after one of the deletions it will improve once.
You can then reinstall it. For me, the most successful thing was clearing the memory before each installation and restarting the watch after installation.

1 Like

Watch Face Designer has a built-in “gif” creator. There is no need for this complicated process.

3 Likes