Google+ post by Khalid Naji on 2016-09-07 06:38:19 UTC

@Francesco_F_Monkey_s please take some time to read some of the information here. If you keep on the way you are going saying “link please” in every thread you visit - I don’t think you will be a member for very long. I am not being rude - I have seen you do this now at least four times in various ways.
This community is here for YOU. Use it - read the amazing information that has been gathered here for you. It’s insulting to people when you can’t be bothered to read the very easy to understand information here.
Please have a think about it.

Martin…as a user if you have little or old programming experience it is verrrrrrrry doable. If not I do not really advise unless someone will create at least 20 mins video.
But defently it is an ultimate fun process.
This my advise.

I m not scared of doing a little programming and will read the I2/xxxxx/xxxx general discussion section but as I said it was a main thing to buy this watch and I didn’t investigate enough I think.
So maybe I’ll sell this watch as soon as it appears here and buy a android wear watch with gps so I can get as many watch faces as I want the easy way :wink:
Will do some digging as to what android wear watch with gps is the best though :wink:

Thanks

Kahlid…I think you mean this?

https://app.classeur.io/#!/files/C1meOYwCdCrmhxGnmoA4

100% correct. Will send you now a screen shot of your Android studio how it will look like, and pullets of remarks. I cannot add much as I am just a very normal user not a developer.

Martin…here is the link for my screen shots:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_-IV0iPiSWqSFhCdjNTMktMT1k

Here is my tips:
-Follow Smash steps only. these remarks are just remarks not steps.
-Download JAVA jdk1.8 as 1.7 gave me error. Another work around is to target older Android operating system when creating the project…say like KitKat. this is my trial. Again from development point of view I do not know what is 100% correct or not. I just used common sense.
-the GDrive example screen shots is for the Batman Skin.
-used notepad to edit the XML watchface file.
-see the main code in SDK Android is very small just added the dial, hr,minute, and second resources only. no more until further advises.
-Generate the APK and I send it to my watch via email, or usb or anything.
That’s it.

As you can see…XML file got only 1 line of coding…telling KW88 launcher that we have only an Analog skin…that’s it.

Downloading the JAVA Development and the SDK what actually will take some time, Getting yourself familiar with Android Studio UI will take another time.
the process itself is actually 5 mins per skin as long as you have all resources. If do not have…you are entering another stage of graphics play around…that’s it. Enjoy!

Anyone care to try my first CF ? its from this forum extracted cartier black https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B57-q3U6ouVdTVdCWDA5b1FIVTQ

Don’t have the watch myself (yet …on its way to me) so I’m curious if it works …please let me know

f4a6cfc2ae1f3c372372eca3c906487b.png

Here also the batt and month dont’t work
Thanks for explaining …@Khalid_Naji I better leave the programming to you , hope you’ll find ways to fill the blanks (batt and more ) again great work !!

Wow. Just followed several weeks and somebody already created an app for watchface and it’s work…thanks

@Martin_Nijhuis don’t forget - if you use someone’s design or homage you still need to give credits/link to that person or work…
Cheers

Hi you guys!

I own a KW88 for a couple of weeks now, and would like to download some new watch faces. I’m not a developer so I won’t be able to exchange anything with you. If someone wants to charge me for new faces I will agree 100% to do so and will send payments using western union. Hope the brains in this community can help me tune my KW88. FYI my email is acoart@hotmail.com

Wow I just downloaded Martin Nijhuis’s CF… Amazing… Congrats!!!

Thanks . But it’s not my clock face… Just went and put that face in a new apk as explained here by @Smash_Smashin and @Mirko_Genovese I should have give credits to the maker of the template as @Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 pointed out but couldn’t find it in this heap of info in this forum…don’t even know if I got that picture from here. When I do find it I’ll correct it.

Hope to see consolidated APK archive for all kw88 watch skins.

Me too… Found out to late (my bad) that this was the case with this watch. Surely the manufacturer should realize this can be a deal-breaker for future buyers. Hope they can /will help.
Don’t even have my watch yet and already have ups and downs regretting I didn’t buy another watch. For instance one with many cf and batt life that lasts for days and make a call only possible through phone but it has to have its own GPS though… But because of this forum and the energy people put into making this work lets me see the beauty of this watch again… and now I can’t wait for my watch to arrive :wink: ( no emoticons here?)

There are so many beautiful clock faces out there.