Google clock alarm feature on LEM 16 android 11

I’m unable to get the alarm feature of Google’s clock app to work. It functions perfectly for setting the alarm and assigning things to happen from google assistant etc. only the alarm doesn’t go off. There is no problem with sound from notifications or music player. I tried the stock alarm app and it works no problem. Is anyone else having this issue. I don’t think it is hardware or sound drivers. maybe a conflict between the to apps named “clock”. Maybe I’ll try to remove the stock app and see.

1 Like

Yes, it’s in conflict with the custom clock app which is a system app.
This is just one of the reasons why we try to make an International version of the firmware.
Apps like the calendar, clock, SMS, dialler and Google assistant etc…all have problems if you install the Google version of the app.
Unfortunately, not many people seem to be interested in an international version of the firmware for the Z40 watches.

If there was a lot of interest and we could raise some donations, we would engage a developer to make it.
With the Android 10 devices it was easier because the brands were supportive of the project.
They are not bothered about the Android 11 Z40 though because the Android watch market is now so small :confused:

It’s not a small job.
It takes weeks of work and testing.

2 Likes

Try to remove the the stock alarm app and install this one instead:

-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.deskclock

4 Likes

Stock clock is a system app.
Maybe possible to remove temporary but you know how it is… :+1:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about. :+1:

1 Like

Yep, makes sense to try that. Calendar app as well