Google assistente kospet prime

Then I am at a loss to explain what’s happening. This is the page we are directed to that describes the requirements I mentioned above:

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/7172657

I would really be interested in whether deleting the assistant data in the Google account can solve the problem. Or whether only a factory reset helps.
I can’t test it, because it works for me…:wink:

1 Like

It was a first install on the Lem X today. On the Lem T I cleared the data and also unistalled and reinstalled. No luck.

Just noticed today that I too am having the same problem as @Bozley on my Prime.

I performed a factory reset, and after the watch restarted, installed google assistant and it was working fine. After that, updated the Google app on play store, and the assistant stopped working again… :frowning:

Update: uninstalled Google app updates and the assistant works again.

2 Likes

just out of curiosity, what version of Google app do you have when Assistant is working?

If I try to summarize our findings, it means that you can fix it like this:

1) Factory reset
2) Disable Google automatic Updates
2.2) uninstall updates from google app
3) Install Google Assistant.
4) Update apps manually.

Can anyone faced with this problem confirm this practice?

1 Like

For me a factory reset wasn’t necessary. After disabling updates I went to the Google app on the Play Store and uninstalled updates and after that Assistant was fine. Thank you Jorge for finding this solution!

2 Likes

Thanks @G1NT0N1C for the summary. I found the below post that may apply for future readers. While I link to one post, the entire thread is relevant, I think.

1 Like

Thank for the link. I forgot this post.:+1:

2 Likes

Just as an update… I went through the process of reseting and updating all apps EXCEPT the Google app. I tried Assistant and it didn’t work, even after a fresh install using the OEM version of Google app. Then I followed the guidance from the link I posted from a previous thread and sure enough Assistant started working. So, for grins and giggles (Buffalo Trace in hand), I updated the Google app (11.1.9.21) and Assistant works after update. So, @Bozley and others, you should be able to update and Assistant should work.

1 Like

The problem is know, you must uninstall the last update of Google APP if you want Google assistant rework, you’re welcome.

Source:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-pixel-xl/924169-google-app-update-broke-assistant.html

You do realize that post was made in 2018!

I might suggest checking your verson because with the latest version (noted above) my assistant works on my Prime. Now on the previous version 10.?.?, Assistant did not work. So, Google clearly fixed something.

That’s why I write that the problem is known for a very long time and each time it’s because of this, amazing isn’t it? but nobody remembers.and someone are even doing a factory restore to fix the problem, it also works