getting watchdroid working the best as possible

Hi all,

I’m the owner of a Thor Pro and like many i have a lot of connection problems.

Searching for a solution on this website really helped me a lot and gave me some ideas to try out.
I’ve also have been in contact with the developer of watchdroid, who has been very helpful and gave me some great advise, he also noted that all watches that are running android 5.1 and in turn have the Bluetooth call function, have these problems.

Here’s what I did:

• hard reset the watch so i start from scratch.
  • didn’t allow the notifications acces, just pressed the back button and ignored it, you will now get this notification every time you boot up the watch. (i do not know if this was important)
  • downloaded the wachtdroid app.
  • connected the watch and my phone via Bluetooth.
  • set up the watchdroid app, on the phone (via select smartwatch).
  • I always keep the wifi on, on the watch.

optional (i think ):
*I downloaded “Bluetooth auto connect” on my phone and made sure the phone keep trying to connect to the smartwatch, this also makes sure the watch is always set up as headset.
it appears the connection, of watchdroid, is made more quickly this way. i set up this app so i would try to connect like 100 times every 5 seconds, let me know if you want me to go in to detail on this.

the result:

• the watch is still disconnecting from the watch really often, but this is not the fault of the app but is coursed by the very poor Bluetooth connection, if i put my had over the watch it disconnects right away, and if i keep it close to the watch, for example when I charge the phone and watch next to each other for the night, the connection is kept during the whole time.
  • when I make sure the watch and the phone can “see” each other the connection is made right away.

other:

• I put the watch in airplane mode and then activated the Bluetooth and Wifi, this appears gives me about 30 to 40% more battery life.

what i found was that the Thor Pro, or at least my Thor Pro, has a really poor Bluetooth connection, when i pair it with my old smartwatch i never have connection problems (range over 20m!), so i know for sure it’s the watch that is the problem.

Mar 25, 2019 23:33:45 GMT 2 sman said:
Hi all,

Searching for a solution on this website really helped me a lot and gave me some ideas to try out.
I’ve also have been in contact with the developer of watchdroid, who has been very helpful and gave me some great advise, he also noted that all watches that are running android 5.1 and in turn have the Bluetooth call function, have these problems.

Here’s what I did:

• didn’t allow the notifications acces, just pressed the back button and ignored it, you will now get this notification every time you boot up the watch. (i do not know if this was important)

optional (i think ):
*I downloaded “Bluetooth auto connect” on my phone and made sure the phone keep trying to connect to the smartwatch, this also makes sure the watch is always set up as headset.
it appears the connection, of watchdroid, is made more quickly this way. i set up this app so i would try to connect like 100 times every 5 seconds, let me know if you want me to go in to detail on this.

the result:

• the watch is still disconnecting from the watch really often, but this is not the fault of the app but is coursed by the very poor Bluetooth connection, if i put my had over the watch it disconnects right away, and if i keep it close to the watch, for example when I charge the phone and watch next to each other for the night, the connection is kept during the whole time.
  • when I make sure the watch and the phone can “see” each other the connection is made right away.

other:

• I put the watch in airplane mode and then activated the Bluetooth and Wifi, this appears gives me about 30 to 40% more battery life.

what i found was that the Thor Pro, or at least my Thor Pro, has a really poor Bluetooth connection, when i pair it with my old smartwatch i never have connection problems (range over 20m!), so i know for sure it’s the watch that is the problem.

yeah i know that the bluetooth on those watches A5 ,it need a better code for the range even those watches has the antenna in the band for better reception but still,but i believe its not totally on the hardware mostly is in the firmware really bad coding and remember those watches mostly are for stand alone phone not a bluetooth phone.

Hi all,

Here’s what I did:

optional (i think ):

the result:

other:

Simply it is a problem with any watch that has BT call installed that WatchDroid will not work. It keeps connecting and disconnecting. I recently downgraded the firmware on my LES 1 to get rid of the BT call option so I can run WatchDroid. I personally would rather be able to use Watchdroid to having the BT call option because of the way the BT call works on these watches. If you have ever had one of the older Kingwear watches, KW08 or KW18 that had BT call that works in sync with the call function of the watch and not separately in an app you would know what I mean.

Mar 26, 2019 14:27:55 GMT 2 capt jon said:
Hi all,

Here’s what I did:

optional (i think ):

the result:

other:

Simply it is a problem with any watch that has BT call installed that WatchDroid will not work. It keeps connecting and disconnecting. I recently downgraded the firmware on my LES 1 to get rid of the BT call option so I can run WatchDroid. I personally would rather be able to use Watchdroid to having the BT call option because of the way the BT call works on these watches. If you have ever had one of the older Kingwear watches, KW08 or KW18 that had BT call that works in sync with the call function of the watch and not separately in an app you would know what I mean.

Like I said, if I keep my watch neer my phone, for example when they are charging overnight, they never lose connection. this works pretty well for me, but still is not anywhere neer as good as I would like it to work. I’m not familiar with downgrading firmware, can you explain this to me? or maybe give me some treads to how this works, do you think this would be possible on the Thor Pro as well? I don’t want to get to far off topic tho…

Mar 29, 2019 23:23:27 GMT 2 sman said:
Mar 26, 2019 14:27:55 GMT 2 capt jon said:

Like I said, if I keep my watch neer my phone, for example when they are charging overnight, they never lose connection. this works pretty well for me, but still is not anywhere neer as good as I would like it to work. I'm not familiar with downgrading firmware, can you explain this to me? or maybe give me some treads to how this works, do you think this would be possible on the Thor Pro as well? I don't want to get to far off topic tho...

I had previously installed new firmware on my LES1 via the OTA option that included the BT call app that my watch did not have when I purchased it. The BT call app kept me from being able to use WatchDroid. So after a few months of using the watch this way I decided I would rather be able to use WatchDroid so I installed the firmware on the watch that was installed before the OTA update, which basically removed the BT call function.

OMG, GUYS plz do’nt quote the whole post it is tooooooooooooooooooooooooo long:( and that makes info gets lost for easy search. plz just quote names or tag them plz…thanks:)

I have thor pro 3g, and yes, it has problems with watchdroid. The problem seems get disappeared in two conditions, if the wifi kept on and if the watch kept charged in docking charge. So far wiiwatch is the only app that gas a good stable connection with my thor pro.