Free service for 3g smartwatches in USA

Hey guys, have any of you guys heard of freedompop?
Well they give you free service (including data).

So my question, has anyone used freedompop on any of their smartwatches?

Yes, I’ve been using the FreedomPop 3G (haven’t picked up one of the new LTE SIMS yet) as my phone service for 1.5 years. I use Google Voice/Hangouts and can’t speak to their phone and messaging service apps (just uses data), but the data is fine for my usage. I just needed data for the times I’m away from WiFi at school or home. Get FreedomPop friends from the Slickdeals.net thread to max out your monthly data allotment to 700MB, and pick up more than one SIM with different emails if you’ll need more data.

Keep in mind the connection is routing through the UK, so you won’t be able to use Pandora or related apps unless you VPN that connection again through the US. The 3G SIM utilizes AT&T and T-Mobile towers, I get 6-8 Mbps. I’m guessing the LTE SIMs do the same.

Feb 20, 2017 14:40:56 GMT 1 lincoln said:
Yes, I've been using the FreedomPop 3G (haven't picked up one of the new LTE SIMS yet) as my phone service for 1.5 years. I use Google Voice/Hangouts and can't speak to their phone and messaging service apps (just uses data), but the data is fine for my usage. I just needed data for the times I'm away from WiFi at school or home. Get FreedomPop friends from the Slickdeals.net thread to max out your monthly data allotment to 700MB, and pick up more than one SIM with different emails if you'll need more data.

Keep in mind the connection is routing through the UK, so you won’t be able to use Pandora or related apps unless you VPN that connection again through the US. The 3G SIM utilizes AT&T and T-Mobile towers, I get 6-8 Mbps. I’m guessing the LTE SIMs do the same.

The Lte sims are routed over usa towers, not uk so thats fine. I already know about the freedompop things,

What I want to know is have you put the freedompop sim inside the smartwatch? Does it work and can you get a 3g connection?

Feb 24, 2017 1:26:46 GMT 1 jghdfu3y said:
Feb 20, 2017 14:40:56 GMT 1 lincoln said:
Yes, I've been using the FreedomPop 3G (haven't picked up one of the new LTE SIMS yet) as my phone service for 1.5 years. I use Google Voice/Hangouts and can't speak to their phone and messaging service apps (just uses data), but the data is fine for my usage. I just needed data for the times I'm away from WiFi at school or home. Get FreedomPop friends from the Slickdeals.net thread to max out your monthly data allotment to 700MB, and pick up more than one SIM with different emails if you'll need more data.

The Lte sims are routed over usa towers, not uk so thats fine. I already know about the freedompop things,

What I want to know is have you put the freedompop sim inside the smartwatch? Does it work and can you get a 3g connection?

If it's like the 3G SIMs, you are incorrect. They use AT&T and T-Mobile's towers but the connection is roaming from the UK
Feb 24, 2017 6:30:20 GMT 1 lincoln said:
Feb 24, 2017 1:26:46 GMT 1 jghdfu3y said:

If it's like the 3G SIMs, you are incorrect. They use AT&T and T-Mobile's towers but the connection is roaming from the UK

well ok... does it work inside of a smartwatch?
Feb 25, 2017 1:15:09 GMT 1 jghdfu3y said:
Feb 24, 2017 6:30:20 GMT 1 lincoln said:

There's no reason it wouldn't, it's just a SIM card. Make sure to set the APN correctly.
Feb 25, 2017 2:10:20 GMT 1 lincoln said:
Feb 25, 2017 1:15:09 GMT 1 jghdfu3y said:

There's no reason it wouldn't, it's just a SIM card. Make sure to set the APN correctly.

I mean have you tried it out on a smartwatch? Does it hold and secure a strong 3g connection?
Feb 25, 2017 3:02:29 GMT 1 jghdfu3y said:
Feb 25, 2017 2:10:20 GMT 1 lincoln said:

I mean have you tried it out on a smartwatch? Does it hold and secure a strong 3g connection?

Hi there,

I’ve been able to get FreedomPop to work on my S99 smartwatch with their messenger apk in the US. 

Have you been able to make phone calls?

One other thing I wanted to do is turn it into a wifi Tether.  I can turn on tether, but not get any data to pass through.

I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to get my freedompop sim card to work in my KW88 smartwatch for over 12 hours now. I set up the APN that was provided by Freedompop and downloaded their messenger app as instructed, and when I try to dial it says it is calling, but never dials out. It just resets back to the dialer and nothing happens. I tried a second APN that freedompop uses and that didn’t work either. I have tried searching networks and I get an error saying it can’t connect to the network at this time, so I am thinking that maybe the AT&T network that freedompop uses in my area is no longer operating the bands necessary for the watch to work. I am waiting for an unlocked phone to arrive so that I can test the card in that to make sure it isn’t a sim card issue before I totally give up though. I was so hoping to have this watch functioning completely. Does anyone know of any alternate SIM cards from other providers that work?

no 3g calling features,no even data,i did pop it up to my LGv10 only data works,because i do have only free data,no calling feature.