For those with rooted watches.....

Have any of you actually attempted to install a firmware update over OTA to your rooted Lemx? Normally these updates fail on rooted devices. Mine is rooted and I got the notification, but did not install it. How about anybody else??

Once rooted, OTA will download but not install, but that’s because of the way OTA’s are designed. The only thing you can do is backup data, format your watch, install the OTA and then restore your data back…

Jan 19, 2019 16:27:08 GMT 1 iscle said:
Once rooted, OTA will download but not install, but that's because of the way OTA's are designed. The only thing you can do is backup data, format your watch, install the OTA and then restore your data back...

Yes! I took one for the team and tried it. I got no error, but the watch would just boot to TWRP. The update would have probably installed if I knew where the .zip file was located when it downloaded. The new firmware is nothing to scream about anyway, but I will create another post about it later!

Jan 19, 2019 18:24:57 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

Jan 19, 2019 16:27:08 GMT 1 iscle said:
Once rooted, OTA will download but not install, but that’s because of the way OTA’s are designed. The only thing you can do is backup data, format your watch, install the OTA and then restore your data back…

Yes! I took one for the team and tried it. I got no error, but the watch would just boot to TWRP. The update would have probably installed if I knew where the .zip file was located when it downloaded. The new firmware is nothing to scream about anyway, but I will create another post about it later!

Even if you locate the ota .zip, it will throw error 7 during installation. OTAs are partial firmwares, so you can’t install them unless your partitions are 100% unmodified… (the only partitions that can be modified are data and sdcard)

Jan 20, 2019 13:00:45 GMT 1 iscle said:

Jan 19, 2019 18:24:57 GMT 1 cranstonsnord said:

Even if you locate the ota .zip, it will throw error 7 during installation. OTAs are partial firmwares, so you can’t install them unless your partitions are 100% unmodified… (the only partitions that can be modified are data and sdcard)

Good to know. I think there is another update coming soon. By the way, I like your avatar!