Flashing Finow X5+ with a Mac - not Windows

Hi all,
I have what is probably a naive question. Has anyone had success in flashing their smartwatch using a Mac rather than a Windows machine? The reason for asking is that my work machine is a Mac, and my home computers (all old PCs) all run linux. As a result the very handy guides that smartwatchticks and others have put together might not be relevant. 
Thanks for your help,
Phil

May 15, 2017 14:06:24 GMT 1 happyclappydays said:
Hi all, I have what is probably a naive question. Has anyone had success in flashing their smartwatch using a Mac rather than a Windows machine? The reason for asking is that my work machine is a Mac, and my home computers (all old PCs) all run linux. As a result the very handy guides that smartwatchticks and others have put together might not be relevant.  Thanks for your help, Phil

i do'nt see why not, download sp flash tool to the computer and flash  the rom, i do'nt see why sp flash tool wo'nt work with mac.

happyclappydays why use Mac when you can use linux

Didn’t try it yet (so far no need to flash) but I found this on XDA

soniasophie9697, pablo11 are you aware of some version restrictions of sp_flash_tool when it comes to flashing smartwatches?

I just use the latest for 5.1 and slightly older for 4.4

Works for me

Thanks all - will download and try either one evening this week or at the weekend. Many thanks for the input.

There is also spflashtool.com/ and androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool The latter seems to have newer version (and there are couple older too).
pablo11 maybe it should be added to some general topic on flashing? (sorry if it’s already there - apparently I was unable to find it).
N.

No, you are right. Our root tools pack needs to be split and updated. I will discuss it with the team

Thanks