flash userdata issues

Hello,

I hope you can help me with the folloing:

I need the ability to backup/restore userdata partition.

I thought that it is best if I could do it all from sp flash utility.

The thing is that cat /proc/partitions shows different size then the size in scatter text file.

I also observed a strange behavior when I had similar issue with microwear h5 : I changed the size in scatter from 1.6G to 5.5G , yet after programming userdata, it resulted in “The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately your data is corrupt.” , and hanging.

How is it that readback userdata and writing in back to watch resulted in failure in boot ?

Doing the same with twrp was successful (though the faormat in twrp seems different data.ext4.win).

Thanks,
ranran

Apr 14, 2018 20:36:30 GMT 1 random said:
Hello,

I hope you can help me with the folloing:

I need the ability to backup/restore userdata partition.

I thought that it is best if I could do it all from sp flash utility.

The thing is that cat /proc/partitions shows different size then the size in scatter text file.

I also observed a strange behavior when I had similar issue with microwear h5 : I changed the size in scatter from 1.6G to 5.5G , yet after programming userdata, it resulted in “The password you entered is correct, but unfortunately your data is corrupt.” , and hanging.

How is it that readback userdata and writing in back to watch resulted in failure in boot ?

Doing the same with twrp was successful (though the faormat in twrp seems different data.ext4.win).

Thanks,
ranran

you can't change partitions sizes at least i do'nt think so and any try will result as happened to you, if i'm not mistaken the kw98 has cutom recovery you can use this to backup any info you need the stock recovery is useless wo'nt change a thing entering it.

Hi,

I don’t want to backup using twrp recovery because I in order to restore the partition, I need a more complex procedure, and need to press the tiny buttons on the watch.
Using sp flash tool to restore partitions is much easier and can be done from windows/linux PC.

Isn’t it possible to restore and backup userdata from sp flash (or other similar application in PC) ?

Thanks,
ranran

random not exactly backup of partition but both apps and data can be backed up using ADB. It’s command line tool but I’m sure there are some GUIs for this.

Hi,
Seems that with mediatek devices we can’t flash using adb but only with sp flash tool.

Thanks

ADB is not flashing tool. Actually it’s more debugger than anything else but one of its options allows you to create backups of apps + data (both system and user apps). Even if you are not familiar with command line it’s easy to grasp (and as I mentioned earlier there are GUIs that help with this too)