Flash D5+ with X3+ firmware

First of all, many thanks for all the community support to our smartwatches. Today i’m going to try to flash the x3+ to my d5+ in order to see how’s the battery management as i saw in a post that it might help to improve it. And so, i downloaded the “SP_Flash_Tool_v5.16.36” and the x3+ firmware named “w612_wgl.x3.common.80.emmc.w.s.160831-133438”. Loaded the scatter file from the firmware folder and all the files are signed with a check mark.

1 - Do i have to unselect some of them or all selected are ok to proceed? See image here please:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwB85xnX8vO2cGRsUWpMcXJGS0U/view?usp=sharing

2 - And the reverse process to get back to D5+ firmware? Is all the same?

3 - After flashing a firmware, can i root the device with “D5+ - X1+ - X3+ TWRP Recovery”?

4 - Everytime i reflash, do it loses root?

Just trying to not mess up… lol

Thanks again for the support!

So…nobody? Hello community?

have you seen this other topic? there are video-guides

/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

Oct 31, 2016 0:54:34 GMT 1 badtzo said:
have you seen this other topic? there are video-guides

/thread/51/smartwatch-ticks-video-guides-flashing

Trust me, I’ve read all the posts in this forum. The main question is about flashing a firmware from a device (X3+) and I have a D5+. So, show me in which post is regarding this matter… I flash devices in years. All i want to know is things like do i flash the bootloader, etc…but thanks for the replies!

If you have read all, you have found this.
/post/533/thread

Oct 31, 2016 15:38:52 GMT 1 thomassc said:
If you have read all, you have found this. /post/533/thread

That thread is for flashing TWRP for the X3+ and as a matter of fact it does work on the D5+ device. Are you saying that if i flash the file from that thread, i should get both the X3+ firmware and TWRP into my D5+? Or maybe i am seeing all wrong?

Haven’t bothered to even respond to this for one very simple reason. The X3+ firmware thread specify states the following;

Sept 21, 2016 22:48:35 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Compatible with other watches- D5+ and X1+

This means all the guides are applicable and there's no "magic method" involved. WHY? Because as it has been said many times,  the X1+, X3+ and D5+ are all the same device. In face, the firmware tells you that in it's name "W612".

lol,really breaking news.Oh,maybe not news any more,indiglo how is your watch going?

Nov 1, 2016 7:28:07 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Haven't bothered to even respond to this for one very simple reason. The X3+ firmware thread specify states the following;
Sept 21, 2016 22:48:35 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Compatible with other watches- D5+ and X1+

This means all the guides are applicable and there's no "magic method" involved. WHY? Because as it has been said many times, the X1+, X3+ and D5+ are all the same device. In face, the firmware tells you that in it's name "W612".

OK, thanks and im sorry for the bothering, but someone referred in the G+ something about the bootloader part when flashing the X3+ into the D5+ and that is the main reason that I started the thread. Until now nobody truly responded to my question, just Lokifish, but it appears that he has made an enormous effort to respond and for that i apologize again. Maybe there’s no reason for ask something that everybody already know…

You never flash bootloaders anyway unless absolutely necessary. Main reason is the docks are not so great and it accidentally disconnecting due the bootloader flash will brick the device.

This is why you warning us not flash the preloader,I see.

Nov 2, 2016 10:41:57 GMT 1 smith said:
This is why you warning us not flash the preloader,I see.

someone tried to flash x3+ firmware on his d5+ watch?

Oct 29, 2016 23:58:58 GMT 1 indiglo said:
First of all, many thanks for all the community support to our smartwatches. Today i’m going to try to flash the x3+ to my d5+ in order to see how’s the battery management as i saw in a post that it might help to improve it. And so, i downloaded the “SP_Flash_Tool_v5.16.36” and the x3+ firmware named “w612_wgl.x3.common.80.emmc.w.s.160831-133438”. Loaded the scatter file from the firmware folder and all the files are signed with a check mark.

1 - Do i have to unselect some of them or all selected are ok to proceed? See image here please:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwB85xnX8vO2cGRsUWpMcXJGS0U/view?usp=sharing

2 - And the reverse process to get back to D5+ firmware? Is all the same?

3 - After flashing a firmware, can i root the device with “D5+ - X1+ - X3+ TWRP Recovery”?

4 - Everytime i reflash, do it loses root?

Just trying to not mess up… lol

Thanks again for the support!

1. unmark preload. 2.yes. 3.yes. 4.yes.

If not necessary…