First Review from SWT 03 June 2017

shorter version:)

I received it yesterday and after charging to 100% and getting a wireless update, the watch went from full to charged off in about 4 hours.

It was in power saving mode – no wifi, no BT and no sim!

My first smart watch experience and this is what I get!

Jul 19, 2017 13:32:43 GMT 1 bundabindaas said:
I received it yesterday and after charging to 100% and getting a wireless update, the watch went from full to charged off in about 4 hours.

reset the watch and see if it helps, what is your model?

Jul 19, 2017 15:25:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 19, 2017 13:32:43 GMT 1 bundabindaas said:

reset the watch and see if it helps, what is your model?

It’s Finow Q7. Is there any other model number besides that?

Jul 19, 2017 17:50:06 GMT 1 bundabindaas said:

not sure, i have the s1 ( i had a q7 and gave it to someone...) the S1 is w626 and if i'm not mistaken the Q7 was also this model and i do'nt have battery issue with both and i use 3g all the time and 2hr of BT and GPS, barely wifi because i have a sim and BT only for music for notifications i use M2D so i do'nt need BT all the time because it also works with 3g.

Hi,
I got the Q7 but the health app is not working: Open failed

I did allready a firmware update but still not working. What can I do?

Thanks

Hans

I like (by TF), but if I want, buy it. Lack: option to change belt and the screen, that this without black edge, and finally battery.
Other: IP68, compass, etc.

Jul 22, 2017 20:46:04 GMT 1 hans65 said:
Hi,
I got the Q7 but the health app is not working: Open failed

I did allready a firmware update but still not working. What can I do?

Thanks

Hans

do you have a sim in the watch? first use you need to insert a sim card. they have told me that it will be fixed and wo’nt need a sim card:/

Jul 23, 2017 8:31:24 GMT 1 systemjyc said:
I like (by TF), but if I want, buy it. Lack: option to change belt and the screen, that this without black edge, and finally battery. Other: IP68, compass, etc.

you have the H1 watch which is ip68 and has removeable straps.

Hi,
There was no sim card installed, I’ll try it, the cover for the sd card came also off, do you have any idea how to fix it? Currently I’m not able to use a sd card on this watch. I think the quality is very bad.

Hans

Sim card is installed but no change. I think this is broken, because I have installed a watch face with heart rate and also there is no measuring.

Jul 23, 2017 13:34:06 GMT 1 hans65 said:
Hi,
There was no sim card installed, I’ll try it, the cover for the sd card came also off, do you have any idea how to fix it? Currently I’m not able to use a sd card on this watch. I think the quality is very bad.

Hans

that should not have happened you need to contact the seller who you bought from and ask for full refund or replacement.

Hi soniasophie9697,

You seem to be very knowledgeable with these watches, so thank you for all the info you provide.

I’ve got an S1 (guessing it’s a Q7 clone), and I’m using Eric’s launcher. The problem is I can’t access the heart rate app when I use this launcher. Do you know of any third party apps that can fill the gap or a way to bring the heart rate app back through maybe a widget, etc? Any help is appreciated.

schung78 AvatarJul 26, 2017 18:43:47 GMT 1 schung78 said:
Hi soniasophie9697,

You seem to be very knowledgeable with these watches, so thank you for all the info you provide.

I’ve got an S1 (guessing it’s a Q7 clone), and I’m using Eric’s launcher. The problem is I can’t access the heart rate app when I use this launcher. Do you know of any third party apps that can fill the gap or a way to bring the heart rate app back through maybe a widget, etc? Any help is appreciated.

thanks for your kind words:) it comes from the best developers we have here as Pablo11, Eric and Ciro:) you should ask Eric on his thread of the launcher i do'nt see why you have a problem with the HR on Eric's launcher it should work fine, i'm not using the launcher on any of my watches but there should'nt be any problem. have you checked before you installed the launcher to see if there is'nt a problem with the HR sensor itself? 

Jul 26, 2017 20:55:57 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

schung78 AvatarJul 26, 2017 18:43:47 GMT 1 schung78 said:
Hi soniasophie9697,

thanks for your kind words:) it comes from the best developers we have here as Pablo11, Eric and Ciro:) you should ask Eric on his thread of the launcher i do'nt see why you have a problem with the HR on Eric's launcher it should work fine, i'm not using the launcher on any of my watches but there should'nt be any problem. have you checked before you installed the launcher to see if there is'nt a problem with the HR sensor itself? 

On the S1, the heart rate app appears to be a widget installed on the launcher versus an actual app. I tried renaming the original in the /system/app/ folder, then tried installing the heart rate app as a standard app. The installation fails and does not appear to be a standalone app. Renaming the file back to the original allows me to use the built in app, but only through the built in launcher. I'll pick Eric's brain; maybe he has an idea.

Thanks for responding; I’ll share if I can figure it out.

FWIW, I used Eric’s launcher on the Q7 and I get 4-5 days of standby time. With the updated (original) firmware and stock launcher, it goes from 100% to 0 in about…4 hours!

Edit: Is there a thread about rooting the Q7/S1?

Jul 27, 2017 21:25:08 GMT 1 bundabindaas said:
FWIW, I used Eric's launcher on the Q7 and I get 4-5 days of standby time. With the updated (original) firmware and stock launcher, it goes from 100% to 0 in about...4 hours!

Not sure. I tried adb at first, but I read that windows 10 has driver issues so I gave up. Cheated and used kingroot; so far so good. If I can get twrp installed, I might be able to root with SU.

Good news! I found an older version of cardiograph that uses the sensor! I believe the version is 3.2. I will try 4.1 again now that I know you can switch to sensor.

FWIW, I used Eric's launcher on the Q7 and I get 4-5 days of standby time. With the updated (original) firmware and stock launcher, it goes from 100% to 0 in about...4 hours!

Not sure. I tried adb at first, but I read that windows 10 has driver issues so I gave up. Cheated and used kingroot; so far so good. If I can get twrp installed, I might be able to root with SU.

Good news! I found an older version of cardiograph that uses the sensor! I believe the version is 3.2. I will try 4.1 again now that I know you can switch to sensor.

Cool - but - get rid of Kingroot asap
That thing gets into the system and reports back to china - well known for it. Use SuperSUme from the play store.
There is currently no TWRP and unfortunately we don’t have this watch so it will be very tricky

I have just managed to get the most recent full stock Firmware for the Q7. I will upload it tonight