First impressions

Hi!

Just got my copy yesterday.
Since I discovered has Wiiwatch doesn’t allow replies to messages, unlike Ticwatch OS,
I’ve installed lots of stuff on it to make it independent.

Tried using it without my phone today:

• some apps just won’t work due to big dialog boxes (can’t scroll or resize)
  • many apps need to run as square to access their Settings icon, lots of ( ) [ ] switching lol
  • button savior trigger is useful with power saver off (deep in Settings)
  • gboard is very big to use, eats up more than half the screen; need a better keyboard
  • lack of back button is a major pain
  • there’s no light sensor despite flat tyre :laughing:
  • battery life is two charges a day for real usage (like a phone)
  • missing Settings like font size and widget size unless you “hack” using an app that needs a setting (e.g. Google’s Accessibility Scanner and Button Saviour will bring up Accessibility Settings menu upon first run)
  • you can get the normal Notifications via apps like Button Saviour, this gives access to Do Not Disturb menu
  • I overloaded the watch, always 100% ram used, and Bubble launcher had some stuck icons (can’t reach to tap)

Strangely, loving it, except for battery life!

Dec 28, 2018 14:57:54 GMT 1 serwei said:
- some apps just won't work due to big dialog boxes (can't scroll or resize)- you can if you know what to do:) - many apps need to run as square to access their Settings icon, lots of ( ) [ ] switching lol -what is () [] ? - button savior trigger is useful with power saver off (deep in Settings) - gboard is very big to use, eats up more than half the screen; need a better keyboard - use jbak or touch pal or one touch keyboards - lack of back button is a major pain -use simple control - there's no light sensor despite flat tyre 😆- there is something else. - battery life is two charges a day for real usage (like a phone)- you almost use it with too many apps as if you are using your phone and it ain't your phone:) - missing Settings like font size and widget size unless you "hack" using an app that needs a setting (e.g. Google's Accessibility Scanner and Button Saviour will bring up Accessibility Settings menu upon first run) -my first comment:) - you can get the normal Notifications via apps like Button Saviour, this gives access to Do Not Disturb menu- Watch Droid or SWapp Link or M2D ARE BETTER CHOICES. - I overloaded the watch, always 100% ram used, and Bubble launcher had some stuck icons (can't reach to tap)

Strangely, loving it, except for battery life!- root it and you’ll have better control over most of what you want, almost…others well…apps:)

Hi!
Thanks for the suggestions, is there a way to scroll for my first point? The ( ) [ ] was referring to the app aspect ratio switch on the power menu

Dec 29, 2018 3:27:13 GMT 1 serwei said:
Hi! Thanks for the suggestions, is there a way to scroll for my first point? The ( ) [ ] was referring to the app aspect ratio switch on the power menu

let me check....