Finow X5+ w618???

hey everyone who owns X5+ please check your model because it seems (we’re checking) there are 2 models and you can’t flash the w616 firmware on the other model (w618) so plz check the model you have, same with x3+ and the D5+ . so DO’NT FLASH if you are not sure which model you have.

/thread/524/bricked-finow-x5

I’ll post this here as well to verify there are multiple versions. I have the w618

There’s a firmware update for me, x5plus-v.s.170111-1484115594 (14.03 MB)

On my watch right now:

Baseband: moly.wr8.w1449.md.wg.mp.v20, 2015/12/03

Kernel: 3.10.72+ sw04@powerEdge-R710-01 #1 Mon Dec 26 19:18:14 cst 2016

Build Number: LMY47I test-keys

Custom Build Version: ALPS.L1.MP6.V2.19_CENON6580.WEG.1.L

My W616

This is going into the official firmware section but to help for now -w618 full firmware - use normal precautions please drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xyOuab2f-OaGo5Sm5ZUDNfZTQ/view?usp=sharing

Do you have to open up your watch to be able to identify your modelnumber? That’s a drag…

Hi at all.

In my LEM5 is stamped the code w618 …

It’s normal?

Buyed less than a mounth ago.

Every app I install , don’t have the background and I see
the menù list beyond…

I have flash the latest firmware w616_wgl.lemfo common.80.emmc.w.s.170111 but the problem persist…

Jan 25, 2017 16:30:46 GMT 1 frenkie9999999 said:
Every app I install , don't have the background and I see the menù list beyond.....

I have flash the latest firmware w616_wgl.lemfo common.80.emmc.w.s.170111 but the problem persist…

there is w618 firmware which is for your watch.

Yes. But when I buy it, this issue is just present…

then,

I must flash firmware or rom relative to the code w618, indipendent if is it for my device (LEM5) ?

Jan 26, 2017 14:53:36 GMT 1 frenkie9999999 said:
Yes. But when I buy it, this issue is just present....

then,

I must flash firmware or rom relative to the code w618, indipendent if is it for my device (LEM5) ?

i have a Lem5 w618. Didnt even know there were 2 versions when i got it, so i flashed it with w616 (with preloader ticked) and bricked it…hard. Just got it back to life with X5+ 618 firmware and have a working watch and a new lock of grey hair…

Oh yes, I know this sensation very well…

When I’ve flashed a firmware w616 on my device (naturally without tick the bootloader) it works well but still have the background issue.

The same with w618 …

Now I wanna know:

Have someone tried to install a regular smartphone launcher like nova, aper, etc?

Jan 27, 2017 8:59:51 GMT 1 frenkie9999999 said:
Oh yes, I know this sensation very well...

When I’ve flashed a firmware w616 on my device (naturally without tick the bootloader) it works well but still have the background issue.

The same with w618 …

Now I wanna know:

Have someone tried to install a regular smartphone launcher like nova, aper, etc?

Nova works well, but what happens with your watch is not normal i have’nt seen that happens with other watches, did it happen after you flashed or before? did you reset the watch before and after you flashed?

Try w618 from finow. 616 has ddr2 RAM and 618 ddr3, maybe thats the problem…
Try “disable hw overlay” and “force GPU rendering” in developer options

edit: I tried adw launcher, and the wallpaper is showing the last screen from stock launcher, until i press home again. Gonna try to disable it in titanium backup.

It has this issue from the first moment, before I flash everything.

No, I haven’t reset before I flash a firmware.

Can I install TWRP for X5+ on my LEM5?

Force rendering & disable overlay cant take effect…

Only apex launcher have in the settins an option that can disable home wallpaper, then I have a black background…
after all, it’s usable.

Jan 27, 2017 22:58:43 GMT 1 frenkie9999999 said:
It has this issue from the first moment, before I flash everything.

No, I haven’t reset before I flash a firmware.

Can I install TWRP for X5+ on my LEM5?

Force rendering & disable overlay cant take effect…

Only apex launcher have in the settins an option that can disable home wallpaper, then I have a black background…
after all, it’s usable.

reset the watch and flash the firmware for your watch and reset the watch again look for updates and do them and then install any launcher that you want and if it continues plz notify.

Ok.

Everything working now.

Thanks !!

U mean the third party launcher backgrounds are ok?

Third part apps now work well, everyone have the right background, for the launcher i’ve solved using apex and tick the option “dont use wallpaper” .

How do I know if my x5+ 618 is a DDR2 or DDR3 version?

May 6, 2017 17:23:44 GMT 1 chromax said:
How do I know if my x5+ 618 is a DDR2 or DDR3 version?

The w618 Version runs with DDR3 Ram.

To be more detailed, it is 1 GB HYNIX LPDDR3_1066 → LINK

For confirmation you can install the free app “Device Info HW” from playstore → LINK

btw this app delivers even much more info, runs without ads, works perfectly in our round Display in square mode and i like especially the “EngineerMode” of it, where you can read out everything hardware related like antenna and band mode stuff and so on.