Finow X5 back cover

Hello everybody, any idea where i can buy the back cover for the Finow X5, the pins got a little damaged and now i can’t connect it to my PC. It charges but i can’t add new faces to it.

I found an link on aliexpress but the item is no longer available…

Nov 6, 2017 13:09:27 GMT 1 cristea said:

that is just weird that no seller sells the back cover.  have you tried cleaning the dots with alcohol? i do that when connection is not great and it works.

***try to see if any seller who sells the watch will be willing to sell the back cover most likely he will.

Nov 6, 2017 13:09:27 GMT 1 cristea said:
Hello everybody, any idea where i can buy the back cover for the Finow X5, the pins got a little damaged and now i can't connect it to my PC. It charges but i can't add new faces to it.

I found an link on aliexpress but the item is no longer available…

for me it was enough to apply some soldering on the pins.

remove the back cover and if possible the plastic that hold the pins in place (can do with, but must be aware, to do it carefully than, while the heat will possibly damage the plastic)

apply soem soldering and make it look nice and smooth (just use sandpaper).

assemble back and your problem should be fixed.

the issue arises, while the pins are somehow ‘oxidating’ away.

for me the issue was completely gone after that (now after there is some soldering layer over the pins, the oxidation isn’t that bad anymore)

Thanks for the hint but i’m not an DIY guy do not have an soldering machine, nor do i know someone who has one. I would just like to buy a back cover but can’t find one…

Nov 7, 2017 8:58:25 GMT 1 cristea said:
Thanks for the hint but i'm not an DIY guy do not have an soldering machine, nor do i know someone who has one. I would just like to buy a back cover but can't find one...

ok. but you should be aware, that the new cover will have the same problem again, after a short while.

maybe you can ask an electrics shop? they do those things.
didn;t found it anymore on alibaba, too. if not you might consider a new watch

Nov 7, 2017 9:04:37 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Nov 7, 2017 8:58:25 GMT 1 cristea said:
Thanks for the hint but i'm not an DIY guy do not have an soldering machine, nor do i know someone who has one. I would just like to buy a back cover but can't find one...

ok. but you should be aware, that the new cover will have the same problem again, after a short while.

Yes i think that this is will happen also with the new one as well, don't know if i will find a shop, there are fewer and fewer people who repair stuff, we normally buy new things when the old ones brake...the manufacturers have to live somehow.. as long as it is charging is OK the bad part is that there are a lot of new watch faces on G+ community and now i can not load them

I have other watches, but they all have the same principle so in the future the same thing will happen to them…

Cheers

Nov 7, 2017 10:12:36 GMT 1 cristea said:
Nov 7, 2017 9:04:37 GMT 1 seb84 said:

Yes i think that this is will happen also with the new one as well, don't know if i will find a shop, there are fewer and fewer people who repair stuff, we normally buy new things when the old ones brake...the manufacturers have to live somehow.. as long as it is charging is OK the bad part is that there are a lot of new watch faces on G+ community and now i can not load them

I have other watches, but they all have the same principle so in the future the same thing will happen to them…

Cheers

i think (or more: i hope) the quality of all those back’s should hopefully variate. my lemfo got the prob after the first two weeks (too fast even for a cheap watch, but ok i live in thailand and sweat a lot), but for example on my lg i not have tis problem. the contacts still look like on the first day. the lemfo got quite good after soldering (less corrosion).

i would recommend a tv repair shop, pc shop (in germany we have Conrad, i think they still exist, they are big and still do such things) or just ask some electrician around your area. in the end it’s a very small job, for a few bucks somebody should be able to help.

hope you find some.