Error while flashing

Hi,

I have followed the video and instructions but while flashing and while holding my LEM7 gently in my hand… this appeared:

ERROR:S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (4008)

My LEM7 keeps rebooting, until the battery wears out.
From dead battery I am able to boot into the flash tool, but keep getting errors.
Any way to revitalize my LEM7

Thank you very much.

Frank

Sept 23, 2018 20:21:39 GMT 1 franco7 said:

when did you get your watch, cos there are to models so the firmare on the site might not be the one for the watch.

I ordered it (and was shipped) in the middle of August 2018 and got it at the beginning of September 2018.
It was working fine, only the DATA connection was not working.

Have you tried to flash several time ? Start your flashtool and press the Download button, then you can force the watch to shutdown by keeping the power button pressed. It should start download right away.

Sept 23, 2018 21:21:07 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Have you tried to flash several time ? Start your flashtool and press the Download button, then you can force the watch to shutdown by keeping the power button pressed. It should start download right away.

I did.
I downloaded the 2.4 version and tried it, but again soon after the tool starts, and error shows up.
Is there a way to flash the original firmware, to have the watch booting and working again?

Sept 23, 2018 21:51:18 GMT 1 franco7 said:

I did. I downloaded the 2.4 version and tried it, but again soon after the tool starts, and error shows up. Is there a way to flash the original firmware, to have the watch booting and working again?

You might have the new watch version... Try following the guide to flash TWRP recovery, you can find it in the OpenWatch section. It should work even when no firmware is installed in the watch. If it doesn't work then you have the newer watch version... 
Sept 23, 2018 20:36:25 GMT 1 franco7 said:
I ordered it (and was shipped) in the middle of August 2018 and got it at the beginning of September 2018. It was working fine, only the DATA connection was not working.

1. i read hear that LEM7 have new revision with another LCD and this need another FW, you remember what FW version you have in LEM7 after unboxing/first_run?
  1. sure you enable DATA connection? in “upper quick icons settings screen” is separate “double-arrow icon” for DATA…
        if you only disable Airplane (which enable “Cellular (Voice) Network”) then this NOT enable “Cellular (Data) Network”, although you see “Cellular Network Icon with signal and 2/3/4G”
Sept 23, 2018 21:51:18 GMT 1 franco7 said:

I did. I downloaded the 2.4 version and tried it, but again soon after the tool starts, and error shows up. Is there a way to flash the original firmware, to have the watch booting and working again?

Does your watch reboot while being flashed ? If it’s the case, maybe disconnect battery and flash will work…