Emile Chouriet moonphase

Emile Chouriet. A Swiss watch brand owned by Fiyta from China. The brand has now opened 12 sales outlets in Switzerland - because Chinese tourists expect to find this brand on their vacation trips to Switzerland. In a sense, Emile Chouriet followed the stream of Chinese tourists …

credits:-https://www.emilechouriet.ch/

Download:-https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bN1cp1dFDkLvERDsNus1HgIqQCkhIrPG/view?usp=sharing

emi clock_skin_model

12 Likes

Clean and beautiful! Nice work! China …
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks. I was surprised, too…

Is that new moon phase displayed? Nice anyway!

1 Like

Of course.The moon makes one full revolution per month, at the new moon the moon is covered by the circle.

2 Likes

Very nice mate :+1:

I envy your patience and I feel sorry for your mouse. :wink:
aa774a342d82c4601ecd91710671d50d

1 Like

Hahaha! Well round about 300 pictures for this one…

Thank you doctor. I can only do watch faces like this if I have a lot of time …

1 Like

This could be a teaching moment… I have so much to learn and am wondering about two things you have done here: 1) why 120 images of the moon for a month’s cycle?; and, why did you animate the hands rather than simply using auto rotation?

Perhaps with a fuller understanding, I - too - can produce such exceptional results…

Regarding the 120 images for the moon phase: I only did this to create the smoothest possible movement. With 120 images, the moon phase changes a very small bit about 4 times a day. For example, if I use 30 images, the jumps are bigger.
Regarding the animated hands: over time I’ve started to pay more attention to the hands. Because I have found that these are very important for the overall impression of the watchface. The more realistic the hands are, the more realistic the watchface will be. Unconsciously. In this case I use for each of the 3 pointers:

1. A basic hand. This is monochrome and corresponds to the incidence of light from above.

2. A shadow hand. This is a solid black and semi-transparent with a blur effect. The center of this shadow is shifted approx. 3 px depending on the planned incidence of light. In this case the light comes from 12 o’clock, i.e. -3 px on the y-axis. The effect is that the shadow follows the planned incidence of light. It doesn’t do this when I tie the shadow tightly with my hand.

3. the light animation. For this I create a hand that is illuminated from one side. With this face the light comes from above. So at 3 o’clock the pointer on the left is illuminated, at 6 o’clock neutral, at 9 o’clock on the right, at 12 o’clock neutral. I create the transitions by increasing the transparency of the images. At 6 and at 12 transparent. I choose 60 images per hand here. This animation is then given the appropriate rotation so that it always lies on the base hand. The effect is that the pointers change their appearance and follow the fictitious incidence of light.

3 Likes

Thank you for your very thorough response. I assume as much for the 120 moon phases, but the intricacy of dealing with the hands is something that only a thorough professional such as yourself can appreciate. My hats off to you!

You are welcome. I’m planing to create a video how to pep up watch hands on the easy way. Without creating 60 picures per hand… :wink:

2 Likes

Nice!
And since this has to be at least 10 characters long…
Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice! Nice!

1 Like

So nice to see tou after what seems like an eon or two!

1 Like

Thanks double D! 64 hour work weeks haven’t been helping. :crazy_face:

Thank you, Louis. But 10 letters doesn’t mean “nice!” 10 times.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

maybe he has forgotten the difference between letters and words :thinking: :joy: and he actually gave you a total of 13 “Nice!” (maybe he is just trying to give you bad luck) :rofl:

1 Like

Perhaps. I never thought about it …:thinking::joy:

1 Like

Who’s counting? :nerd_face:

1 Like