Do we have a smartwatch comparison table?

I think it would be really helpful.
with items like:

Display size, resolution, round or square,
Android version,
Memory sizes, TF-card available,
sensors, (GPS, Heartrate,…)
cameras (orientation, resolution, sensor,…)
battery size
connectivity (bluetooth, wireless,…)
strap removable yes/no,
pcba type ?

Would do you people think?

2 Likes

Feel free to compile one :joy::+1:

2 Likes

I think what the lovable ole @Dr_Andy_Vishnu is really saying is “Quick Robin! To the Bat Smart Watch Comparison Computer Analyzer”! :crazy_face: Actually Batma…er…My Wayne :laughing:, that is not a bad idea! Certainly handy for anyone thinking of buying a new watch. Of course it would need to be kept updated, but still a good idea! :+1: Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

I believe Mr. Ticks has done one.

1 Like

I’m with the Doonsman … great idea, especially for newbies like yours truly.

1 Like

he has, but it doesn’t look like it’s updated anymore

2 Likes

I surely would like to contribute.
But I can’t do it alone.
Does this board support a wiki or something appropriate where we could add a table like suggested?
The community here could fill the data and keep it up to date. Maybe with rights management so only legit users can edit?

To be honest as moderators we all struggle with time as it is doing this work voluntarily . We all work and have familys etc . So from me its a no . However i cannot speak on behalf of the others . However if you want to communicate with other members who may want to help you feel free . However the forum itself will not be modifed to cater for this . Thanks

I would contact Mr. Ticks and see if he could offer some assistance. Maybe he would let you build on what he already has completed.

I know that @SmartWatch_Ticks keeps such a table. But I’m not sure if it’s still up to date.

Big kudos and appreciation for all the work that you and the others do.
I will try to find out what I can do.

1 Like

I started a table here: Smartwatch comparison table

I used some time before I found out the table has to be written with markdown and not html in order to work properly, but at least it works now, so no worry @Dr_Andy_Vishnu, you don’t need to modify the forum source code.

@BruceWayne, I’ve turned it into a wiki, so you and everyone else should be able to edit it

3 Likes

This is great and thankyou but we will have to keep a eye on this . The last thing we want is another Lem 14 situation with incorrect information . Also if this becomes public for anyone to edit it could be open to abuse . However using the detail from our official posts would keep things right . Maybe worth putting a warning on the bottom ? Thanks again for all your work :handshake: . We will have to monitor this and dont forget we dont support Zeblaze for example so we cannot confirm some specs .

2 Likes

Very important point @Dr_Andy_Vishnu
It’s great, and has potential.
But it would likely need to be monitored or you might find a turbo charged V8 watch with a 6 liter engine running Android Bollox in there :rofl:
With two 13mp cameras - of course !!

2 Likes

:joy::joy:Yes , to be honest this worrys me :+1::handshake:

1 Like

hmm… it works for wikipedia with only very little trolling. repeated abuse could lead to a ban…but someone would need to monitor it.
@noidremained : how can i edit that table?

Pretty fast footwork there @noidremained ! :+1: I can understand why some members may have reservations about anyone being able to edit the table…but full marks to you for getting one off the ground so fast! Cheers, Doons

And going back to my original point of our limited time is a concern

1 Like

Yes, agree with above.
Don’t get me wrong, I thank you for the opportunity to explore this. I am just concerned about the governance involved and the upset if it is abused.
But, that’s the public domain… So it’s expected.
I’m sorry that we may sound negative because this would actually be really useful indeed.
Maybe it would be worth a discussion with @SmartWatch_Ticks to see if any kind of joint work could be achieved?

2 Likes

However, he is equally struggling with spare time…

1 Like