DM 368 compatibility

Hello guys, new thread, because the original thread is locked. pablo11

announced a new FW for I3 (here). As I’ve already used the previous I3 FW on my DM368, I would like to test this new one. It should work as well (and on LF16 too), right?

Well, my questions are: Why did you mean “8GB only”, because there is also a 4GB version of I3 (DM368 has 8GB)? And what’s about this new app “WiiWatch”? I could not find it in Google PlayStore - how can I get this app (nice news, WiiWear is still kinda “coming soon” version

)?

Don’t know for the compatibility, but the wiiwear app qrcode will be given when starting the new FW, so Don’t worry.

It’s for 8gb HEHUI only. Since there is no 4gb HEHUI version of watch - it’s for 8gb only

There is is also a 16 gb I3 and an 8gb I4 - just to make it more confusing

Most important is that the screen is hehui. If it isn’t you will have a black screen after flashing.

There is is also a 16 gb I3 and an 8gb I4 - just to make it more confusing

Most important is that the screen is hehui. If it isn’t you will have a black screen after flashing.

Many thanks, pablo11 ! Yes, my DM368 is a 8GB version with Hehui, so I’ll try it tomorrow! Wish me good look  

The worst thing that could happen is the screen is upside down. But you can flash it back to the previous version and it will be ok again :+1: good luck.

UPD: "and the Clockskin folder is already on the watch storage" I didn't find this folder on my watch ...

pablo11, BTW, do you know perhaps, what’s the reason for this “Taishou” wrist gesture? I mean, why is it not possible to activate the current clock skin on gesture, but only this strange digital “Taishou”? There is no way to avoid it?

It’s something that was requested by the brands originally. The company that makes the firmware for most of these watches has agreed to work on a fix for this. We will be working on this over the next few weeks and might have something in the next month or so.
There’s a lot going on at the moment…

pablo11 AvatarMay 23, 2017 14:50:29 GMT 1 pablo11 said:
It's something that was requested by the brands originally. The company that makes the firmware for most of these watches has agreed to work on a fix for this. We will be working on this over the next few weeks and might have something in the next month or so. There's a lot going on at the moment.........

Sounds good, many thanks!

pablo11 , WiiWatch is a big step in a right direction, for sure. Some usability issues and minor bugs, I could open a new thread if it can help. But I fear - and it would be a killer argument for me NOT to use it - that WiiWatch is a huge battery eater, pls find screenshot attached. Well Android was kinda wild today, no idea, perhaps because of many app updates. I will check tomorrow if it’s really an issue. Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1

Attachments:

May 23, 2017 22:25:06 GMT 1 yawa said:pablo11 , WiiWatch is a big step in a right direction, for sure. Some usability issues and minor bugs, I could open a new thread if it can help. But I fear - and it would be a killer argument for me NOT to use it - that WiiWatch is a huge battery eater, pls find screenshot attached. Well Android was kinda wild today, no idea, perhaps because of many app updates. I will check tomorrow if it's really an issue. Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1

I have the same consumption with the Old Wii app, so i don’t think it’s worse.

May 24, 2017 7:19:09 GMT 1 ricktop said:
May 23, 2017 22:25:06 GMT 1 yawa said:pablo11

, WiiWatch is a big step in a right direction, for sure. Some usability issues and minor bugs, I could open a new thread if it can help. But I fear - and it would be a killer argument for me NOT to use it - that WiiWatch is a huge battery eater, pls find screenshot attached. Well Android was kinda wild today, no idea, perhaps because of many app updates. I will check tomorrow if it’s really an issue. Samsung Note 4, Android 6.0.1

I have the same consumption with the Old Wii app, so i don’t think it’s worse.

Yes, maybe, it was better today. I hade some problems connecting the phone with the watch (error, error, connected!). But I’ve got another problem - my beloved notifications! They simply do not arrive on the watch. Sometimes the watch is vibrating but nothing else. I wanted to test whether it’s a WiiWatch problem or that of the new FW, but WiiWear seems to not work with the new FW anymore - it doesn’t connect at all (well, because of the new SDK, I see)! Will test a little bit. If it’s a general ROM problem, then I’ll go back to the previous FW. NB: I don’t think that it is a HW compatibility issue (running I4 FW on DM368).

PS. Reinstalled WiiWatch, rebooted the Watch. First, I had probs connecting the watch via WiiWatch: My watch appeared and dissapeared under “searched device” every time. Well, after 10 tries I could connected. And I’ve got notifications on the watch, but I can’t dismiss them! The watch vibrates and shows the notification that WiiWatch is running every 10 seconds!!! WTF?

PPS. Now I’ll install aour Launcher, Eric. It still has some notification issues as well but not so bad as this one  

It Can be your phone, my Honor 7 doesn’t work with this new App, what’s yours ?

Well. My conclusion - very bad, I’m going back to the previous version. WiiWatch is eating battery in huge portions - fast a half of the battery within a few hours. Smartphone has suddenly restarted today - don’t know whether it was because of this app, but I haven’t had that issue before since several monthes (screenshot attached … hmmm … Can’t upload right now, server problem? Will try again later). Notifications don’t arrive on the watch or they are not shown.

Attachments:

May 24, 2017 11:39:42 GMT 1 ricktop said:
It Can be your phone, my Honor 7 doesn't work with this new App, what's yours ?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. It does work, but very unstable. 

plz can upload WiiWatch apk ?? thanks

May 25, 2017 12:18:56 GMT 1 re2007 said:
plz can upload WiiWatch apk ?? thanks

After installing of the new FW you'll get a QR-Code on the watch, so you will be able to download WiiWatch on your phone (iOS or Android), don't worry  And this app will work, as far as I understand, only with this new FW, not with older, because it requires a corresponding SDK on the watch (part of the new FW).

my watch LF16 which FW can use for ???thanks

May 26, 2017 10:48:33 GMT 1 re2007 said:
my watch LF16 which FW can use for ???thanks

I think, you can try at least every FW for LF16 / I3 /I4 / DM368. I've got DM368 and have already tested older LF16 FW's on my watch as well as the last I3/I4 FW's => no problems.