D7 issues, or is it user error?

I have a new D7 (replacing my No1 S3) and I am finding it frustrating, disappointing, and ultimately a bit pointless.

battery life is 3 to 6 hours if I am lucky, and Longer to charge it to 95%. It never seems to fully charge.
Weather stuck on 33 degrees.
Activating with the hand gesture does not work.
doesnt often show notifications.
doesnt Bluetooth synchronise reliably enough. 
Not having Bluetooth phoning makes it a bit pointless
feels cheap.
Not added any extra faces on yet, or any of the ‘must have’ apps Mr Ticks suggested, despite trying for hours and hours over many days. Is it me?

all in all, very disappointed, and will be sending it back as I am sure it is faulty.  Taken to re using my old S3 again.

it tells me it’s running the latest software, I have reset it as told, but all it says is that it’s running the latest version.

oh, and what is rooting?

Jan 2, 2018 23:50:48 GMT 1 paulr said:

i highly recommend the H2 which is way way better than this watch.

Sadly you are correct. Even with the latest firmware from No1 - it’s battery life is terrible and the screen is atrocious

Thanks for the replies, the H2 still does not tether to my mobile though for bluetooth calling, does it?

Jan 3, 2018 14:43:26 GMT 1 paulr said:
Thanks for the replies, the H2 still does not tether to my mobile though for bluetooth calling, does it?

yes, it has the bt calls app and it works fine but you can't use other bt apps it will make the watch disconnect from the phone.

Jan 3, 2018 14:58:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 3, 2018 14:43:26 GMT 1 paulr said:

yes, it has the bt calls app and it works fine but you can’t use other bt apps it will make the watch disconnect from the phone.

Righto, thanks.  One or the other then. I assume that goes for all of them? Like the look of the KW99 which I understand now has BT calling on board.

Jan 3, 2018 17:26:02 GMT 1 paulr said:

Jan 3, 2018 14:58:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
yes, it has the bt calls app and it works fine but you can’t use other bt apps it will make the watch disconnect from the phone.

Righto, thanks.  One or the other then. I assume that goes for all of them? Like the look of the KW99 which I understand now has BT calling on board.

yep:)

Sent it back. Once I get the refund I will get an H2. Got it from Gearbest so I’ll let you know how it goes!