D5+ with 3G network getting overly hot

Just try out putting a simcard in this watch. 
At first it sort of working well and connecting just like a phone do. But slowly the watch turns warm and becoming very warm or hot whatever you called it.
Bluetooth/Wifi is off BTW. 
Now I’m trying to connect only in 2G and see how it goes…

Oh yes… if this make any different, I just updated OTA for 13.5MB with latest security patch for 01-Nov-2016.

Edit; Wrong thread… please move this to the general section. Thanks.!

I had the same exact issue with my X3+… Same update as well.

My clock got warm/hot too when connected to cellular but only if traffic is going on.
Do you have apps installed that generate traffic in the background?
In that case firmware update does not make a difference - however, the new firmware is ok.

Yeah, it’s mostly when there is traffic going. The watch becomes very hot, almost uncomfortable. When idle, the watch does not overheat and i finally got it to deep sleep by removing auto-sync ON at all times. Now, auto-sync is triggered on occasion, controled by JuiceSaver. I do get better results BUT when using the watch, i see the battery level melt like you would not believe… And that’s using either WIFI only or 3G only…

My x3+ does not become overly warm but the battery life with a sim card installed is terrible.
Probably a factor of 10 less battery life, even with all background processes frozen.

Polaris59, i’ve stopped using mine and went back to my LG Urbane LTE. I really like the X3 Plus but if i can’t use it in true standalone with at least one normal day of battery life, then i don’t see the point… My LG Urbane is probably not what you would define as a true standalone watch but i can have a normal day (includes phone calls, sms and all notifications) + use it for running 45 min a day and still have 16 hours of battery life…

I am considering other Chinese watches still, the Ourtime x01s has recently caught my attention for 2 reasons:

-An Android stocklike experience
-600mh battery

I don’t really like it’s form factor but at the same time, it’s more convenient to use with those full Android apps.

Nov 10, 2016 17:27:50 GMT 1 miroul said:
Polaris59, i've stopped using mine and went back to my LG Urbane LTE. I really like the X3 Plus but if i can't use it in true standalone with at least one normal day of battery life, then i don't see the point... My LG Urbane is probably not what you would define as a true standalone watch but i can have a normal day (includes phone calls, sms and all notifications) + use it for running 45 min a day and still have 16 hours of battery life...

I am considering other Chinese watches still, the Ourtime x01s has recently caught my attention for 2 reasons:

-600mh battery

I don’t really like it’s form factor but at the same time, it’s more convenient to use with those full Android apps.

Hi Miroul I have the X01S and it's really a great FULL android experience, with exceptional battery life. As has been the experience of a couple of you-tubers however, the 3G connection is finicky if in North America apparently. I'm in Canada (Telus) and mine will not connect, period. Same with Bell, it sees the sim but reports "No Service". Same sims work great in my Finow and Zeblaze watches.
Nov 10, 2016 17:27:50 GMT 1 miroul said:
Polaris59, i've stopped using mine and went back to my LG Urbane LTE. I really like the X3 Plus but if i can't use it in true standalone with at least one normal day of battery life, then i don't see the point... My LG Urbane is probably not what you would define as a true standalone watch but i can have a normal day (includes phone calls, sms and all notifications) + use it for running 45 min a day and still have 16 hours of battery life...

-600mh battery

try to reset the watch and even install the last firmware on it by using the sp tool to do so and charge the watch only when it is on.

Polaris59,

That is odd. Have you added the APN for your provider? Actually can you connect at all to the 2g or 3 g network to place phone calls? I am with Rogers and my X3 plus connects to 2g and 3g BUT initially, i had to manually had my APN settings in order to get data connectivity on.

I am really considering that, seems like the only one that will allow me to leave my phablet home and not worry about losing battery life in the middle of the day.

Nov 11, 2016 17:54:36 GMT 1 miroul said:
Polaris59,

That is odd. Have you added the APN for your provider? Actually can you connect at all to the 2g or 3 g network to place phone calls? I am with Rogers and my X3 plus connects to 2g and 3g BUT initially, i had to manually had my APN settings in order to get data connectivity on.

I am really considering that, seems like the only one that will allow me to leave my phablet home and not worry about losing battery life in the middle of the day.

Hi Miroul
Actually my X01S picks up and displays the APN settings correctly (Both Telus and Bell, which is pretty much Rogers), and seems to indicate a good strong signal.
But there is no network connectivity, even the phone reports that the cellular network is not available.
Mind you I think Rogers is the only carrier left that supports 2G GSM, so you might be OK.
I’m guessing that the X01S does not support North American 850/900/1900/2100 WCDMA (but does work in Asia).

Polaris,

Yeah, you are right about 2G network support and Rogers. You are also right about the fact that this watch does not have the 3G band for Canada since it’s only using 2100mhz band for 3G. In the US, you might have better luck since some providers do offer 2100mhz 3G service. Oh well…

I’ll be on WIFI when using it home and on Edge when out and about. I’ll have to live with the slow Edge speed when going out.

Max

Nov 15, 2016 16:50:25 GMT 1 miroul said:
Polaris,

Yeah, you are right about 2G network support and Rogers. You are also right about the fact that this watch does not have the 3G band for Canada since it’s only using 2100mhz band for 3G. In the US, you might have better luck since some providers do offer 2100mhz 3G service. Oh well…

I’ll be on WIFI when using it home and on Edge when out and about. I’ll have to live with the slow Edge speed when going out.

Max

You will be impressed with this watch. Cheers

Polaris,

I certainly hope so. It is being shipped now, I’ll post a small review when i get it.