Custom Watchfaces on Allcall W1 - General Concepts?

Hi All.

Edit:  I have seen your video soniasophie9697 - I understand the mechanics of unzipping files to that directory, and thank you!  :-)  My question is more conceptual regarding what kinds of formats will “work” - since they all seem like they are an archive of one kind or another. 

I posted this on the G+ community, but was told it’s not for this sort of discussion, so…

Can someone give me a general overview of what I need to know regarding watchfaces?

I’ve just ordered an allcall w1 after quite a bit of time spent researching, which as I understand it means KW88 compatibility.

It probably won’t be here for about a month, but in the meantime I’m enoying checking out potential watchfaces.

There seem to be a bunch of different types and ways to go about this.

I saw from videos that there is an interface to directly download new watch faces on the watch. Where are these coming from?

Then there is : www.watchfaceup.com/ I’m guessing that I want the “Android” watch faces from there? Or are those for android wear? Can I use the VXP watch faces, or are those only for NO.1 / mediatek watches? If I can use VXP watch faces, are there pros/cons to those?

And I generally see that if I get watch faces in a .zip archive, I can just extract them to a particular directory (clockskin?  ClockSkin?  I’ve heard both) and they should be visible on my watch - so that’s great, but any gotchas there?

Now I also see that there are .apk watch faces available. Are these only for android wear? I think not because watchawear.com/ lists the apk watch faces as being specifically for the KW88. But, do I just install them like any .apk? Then they will be available to choose in just the same way as a watch face installed any other way? Sadly, there don’t seem to be very many of them there in apk format, which leads me to my next question -  And lastly, the same site has watch faces for the “X and X+” family of watches - so is it that I can’t use those, or that they are not optimal for some reason?

Sorry for all the questions, but you get the idea - please can someone give me the basic info I need to understand what my options are (and are not) for watch faces? Also if there is any other good place to check them out that I did not mention.

Thanks!

Only compatible format is clockskin, no vxp, no apk, … Those skins are on our G+ community, do you can’t be wrong. Then there’s a difference between two clockskin engine, the X watch which has a more complete engine, and the others. On the other watch like yours you may see wrong movement because of this.
The alternative is to use my launcher which solves this problem and also open the watchmaker skins compatibility.

Ah great, thanks for the explanation. :slight_smile:

Watching the video for your launcher now.