Custom Kernel for MT6739 Smartwatches

In case anyone curious, LEM T have 1421mah battery detected by accubattery
not close to advertised but fairly big considering the watch size and screen resolution.
Now I was planning to make this my daily driver and leave my phone at home.

So the conclusion after checking battery capacity using accubattery is wiitee-based MT6739 smartwatches at least have around 50% plus more or less around 0 to 200mah capacity of advertised battery capacity.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the compressive explanation. Now it makes sense.

My Allcall with 1250 Mah has 822 mAh in it. This corresponds to 65 percent. Lemfo T supposed to have 2700 mah. If it has 1421 mah in it, that is 53 %. That is lowšŸ™

Donā€™t forget that without root and a very reliable app you canā€™t be sureā€¦
In fact I would only trust decent tools directly attached to the battery to be certain.
So letā€™s not freak out just yetā€¦

1 Like

Well, I am just only have 2 session. first session have around 1200+mah battery, 2nd have 1421mah. thereā€™s still some time until I got the real capacity yet.
Still considering the watch and battery size vs my phone and disassemble videos on YT it not far off the mark.

EDIT: It seems my watch have 1400+mah battery, more or less. even so the battery durability when doing heavy task is remarkable. Itā€™s can sustained heavy use on downloading with poor wifi connection (one bar or less, with often disconnecting too) around 1GB data (My Whatsapp backup) also with GSM 2G standby, only using 55% battery in 3 hour 5 minutes (screen on time 55 min). What I am trying to say is itā€™s full awake, sync on wifi and full download, screen on, poor signal but only using 55% battery. So one word, SPLENDID :grin:

Yes, I agree that it is extremely unlikely to be 2700mAh but I will be surprised if it is much less than 2000.
That would be disappointing but I guess not very surprising.

Your gauge data for Prime 1045 mah is almost coming true. I pulled the fully charged battery out, discharged it from 4.29 volts to 3 volts, counted 971 mAh. Accubattery Reading was 822 mAh.

2 Likes

Interesting, i wonder how they calculate the advertised capacity.
It looks more like it is based on the theoretical size (count of layers and material) instead of the physical useable capacity.

So far for the brand smart phones, counted and advertised were the same. But for smartwatch es, it is not. Someone has to warn them to be honest. That is all.

I mean the battery manufacturers should be honest. It says 1260 mAh on it.

1 Like

At least the battery gauge data seems pretty accurate.

The marked values represents: 1030mAh / 3.45V / 59mOhm at 0% charge.

This represents 100% charge, 0mAh / 4.33V / 36mOhm.

T1 stands for battery/charging temperature:

T0 = 50Ā°C
T1 = 25Ā°C
T2 = 10Ā°C
T3 = 0Ā°C
T4 = -10Ā°C

That is really cool. 1. How can we reach these files, in a rooted smart watch? 2. The shut down Voltage for android is 3.4 V. There is a text file for that. It is default 3400. I make it 3200 and save it. But it ends up being 3400 again.

The charging voltage is entirely controlled by the kernel battery driver, the gauge calibration data can only be accessed by extracting the kernel device tree.

Thank you, I will have a look at it.

Anyone test the camera on the Kospet hope 3/32 with 3rd party camera applications indoors?
My biggest problem with the kospet hope is if i use 3rd party camera applications like google lens or a simple barcode scanner indoors, the image is very dark. I tried multiple camera apps and none were able to give me a decent image indoors.

The stock camera app on the Hope works fine, both indoors and outdoors, but any other app just doesnā€™t work.

Iā€™ve reported this problem a couple times but it seems to just go ignored. Which sucks because i use google lens somewhat often and iā€™m just not able to take decent pictures unless the room is really bright. And my room is fairly dark.

Edit: unrelated, could someone make a build where we can manually set the cpu speed of the kospet hope? Iā€™d like to be able to cap it when doing stuff like, map navigation. I donā€™t care if the program is a bit sluggish, i just donā€™t need a space heater on my wrist.

This is most likely a problem with how the automatic white balance was implemented, see here for example.
Unfortunately there is no easy fix possible, as this is handled by the android side and requires corrected camera libraries.

For the CPU speed you can install any kernel tweaker app and manually set a fixed frequency as the ramdisk comes with magisk pre-installed, only the manager apk is needed.

1 Like

Can i switch drivers without reinstalling? maybe using an SSH terminal or something?
My kospet hope IS rooted.

I rooted it to try to fix the slow GPS lock-on issues by having a custom gps config file with local gps sites, but it seems that only affects A-GPS when connected to the internet, and not the actual GPS. Never found a solution for the normal GPS to lock onto the satellites faster though.

@none Did you remove the link for Optimus Proā€™s custom kernel? I was willing to test it. :slight_smile:

The prebuilt images are more or less discontinued, as they break official ota updates.

If someone still needs one of those: custom kernel images

1 Like

Installing TWRP breaks OTA too. Some of us know what we are doing :slight_smile:
Thanks for your effort and the archive.

Cheers