Contacts and Phone apps

Contacts and Phone apps
Contacts App. I get a list of contacts from A to Z but no way to find one quickly, must scroll down until I find one. Takes forever!
Phone App. I get a history of last calls but no way of adding them to contacts as far as I know.
Without these functions the main use of the Lem 7, the phone, is not so useful.

Nov 19, 2018 11:44:40 GMT 1 ac said:
Contacts and Phone apps Contacts App. I get a list of contacts from A to Z but no way to find one quickly, must scroll down until I find one. Takes forever! Phone App. I get a history of last calls but no way of adding them to contacts as far as I know. Without these functions the main use of the Lem 7, the phone, is not so useful.

easy:) install ones you like and set them as priority with Eric's launcher (ricktop) you can put them as widgets.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand. Install what? What widgets? Where can I find Erik’s launcher and why do I need to launch anything? Please try to be more specific I am new to all this. Thanks for your help.

Nov 19, 2018 20:17:30 GMT 1 ac said:
I'm sorry but I don't understand. Install what? What widgets? Where can I find Erik's launcher and why do I need to launch anything? Please try to be more specific I am new to all this. Thanks for your help.

you can download apps to replace the contacts and phone apps with ones from the play store and if you use Eric's launcher you can put them as widgets in the main screen for easy access.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.ClockSkinCoco&hl=en

play.google.com/store/apps/collection/cluster?clp=igM-ChkKEzU3MDQ3Njc4MTQ1MTUzNTc3NTUQCBgDEh8KGWNvbS5yaWNrdG9wLkNsb2NrU2tpbkNvY28QARgDGAE%3D:S:ANO1ljJnpts&gsr=CkGKAz4KGQoTNTcwNDc2NzgxNDUxNTM1Nzc1NRAIGAMSHwoZY29tLnJpY2t0b3AuQ2xvY2tTa2luQ29jbxABGAMYAQ%3D%3D:S:ANO1ljJ9Duc

Thank you so much. I’m sure this will solve the problem. The link to the lawncher works fine. I can’t get the other links to work. Could you please write the names so I can look them up on the play store? Thanks again.
I wonder why the Lem 7 does not come with useful telephone and contacts apps installed?

ac

most likely because it is a watch and they think for it it is enough:)

the other apps of ricktop do’nt downloaded to the watch?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.roundtimer

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.roundcalc

I have the launcher installed now, thanks.
I thought the other links where to alternative phone apps and alternative contacts apps that work well with the Lem 7. Can you recommend any by name?

I did not realize the lawncher would change so many things in the watch. I suppose I can just uninstall it in the usual way if I wish and all will go back to normal? I imagine one can read about this launcher somewhere? Where are all my different watch faces now? I only seem to get a black vibrating one now.

Nov 20, 2018 17:37:26 GMT 1 ac said:
I did not realize the lawncher would change so many things in the watch. I suppose I can just uninstall it in the usual way if I wish and all will go back to normal? I imagine one can read about this launcher somewhere? Where are all my different watch faces now? I only seem to get a black vibrating one now.

reboot the watch and they will come back:) once you get use the way it acts you be surprised how good it is:) btw, there are watch faces amazing ones that work only with this launcher, you do'nt have to make it the home launcher you can always keep them both. till you decide, install google gesture and settings search so you can easily access settings that you need.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.gesturesearch

apkpure.com/settings-search/com.katzoft.settings.search.full

Nov 20, 2018 17:37:26 GMT 1 ac said:

Put Skins in the clockskin folder, watch Sonia video for tutorial.

I admire Rick for his amazing achievements. However I have for the moment decided to revert back to the original launcher. I have not uninstalled Rick’s. For me the watch faces available on the original are sufficient and much easier to download. I believe I have solved my original problem by Simply downloading Contacts by Google from the Google store. This app has contact search and phone like on regular cell phones. It is I guess designed for cellphones but works on the Lem 7.
So thank you both.

I have Installed a favorites app from the store allso.

Nov 22, 2018 11:50:36 GMT 1 ac said:
I have Installed a favorites app from the store allso.

which?

Favorites Contacts Widget Blur. Works .

I find the Lem 7 uses a lot more battery since I installed the SIM card. Perhaps it is a good idea to switch the SIM off when not in use?
Perhaps this should be asked as a new topic.

Nov 23, 2018 22:58:49 GMT 1 ac said:
I find the Lem 7 uses a lot more battery since I installed the SIM card. Perhaps it is a good idea to switch the SIM off when not in use? Perhaps this should be asked as a new topic.

disable apps that you do'nt want them to use data or have data usage access all the time, like google apps, or any other apps.