Considering a Prime

Yes . You will be fine with most apps

2 Likes

I am realizing by now that there seems not to be a AOD solution for this watch, which I find disappointing. Even with 1 pixel visors, which should use very little power, it would be nice that the watch actually has the primary function of a watch, to display the time…
I notice the Thor 5 has this option, but then with the lesser battery capacity, I guess I wouldn’t be as certain to have a guaranteed full day of power as with the Prime ?

It is still unclear whether the Thor’s screen will survive the always-on option for a long time. @SmartWatch_Ticks makes a test if it destroys the screen. If this is not the case, you could also use this feature on the Kospet Prime with the Universal Launcher. However, I doubt that this is a good idea for an IPS display.

2 Likes

I see that people use different launchers than the default, like UL or Nova.
What are the advantages of that, is it pure because they just like the other launcher type better, or is there more functionally becoming available with these ?

Well, I can only report on the universal launcher. The Universal Launcher offers several advantages over the Stocklauncher: On the one hand, it can use .watch-files. Also a bunch of functions within clockskin files that are not available on stocklauncher: For example ° C / ° F switch, miles / KM switch, GIF support and some more. And third, the support of icon packs and the individual arrangement of the icons in the drawer app.

2 Likes

I agree . Have a good read of this

1 Like

I see there are also different notification sync with phone systems.

What are the advantages of them, why choose one over the other ?

Does any of them sync notifications over LTE, when away from phone ?

Dotsfar - Saw you were considering a Kospet Prime as am I… Did you purchase it and - if so - tell me your opinion of its size. It seems to be very big/bulky, but that may only be because I like my watches to be compact/slim.

2 Likes

Hi Doubledad

Yes, I got it finally (Xmas business made it lie several days with DHL “Express” in Hong Kong without getting served).

I have had the Garmin Fénix 3 and LG Watch Sport before, and I like big watches (or I am by now used to) so much that “normal” watch sizes feels tiny and will break the small buttons… So I guess I am perhaps the wrong to ask, but my answer is:

It IS the biggest watch I ever had, and I don’t mind, actually think I like it :ok_hand:

Too bad we don’t have these available in shops, because with how you feel about big watches, you should have the opportunity to try one out.

1 Like

I also have the Prime and yes it is huge but seems in proportion and it needs some room for that battery. To be fair my other watch is a Pebble Time Round, which is probably one of the thinnest smart watches. I’m not yet sure which I prefer because I have a specific need and that is to help with monitoring my blood glucose (I’m T1D).

https://us.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_009387679938.html?wid=1349303

4 days left! Only $99 Kospet Prime SE 1GB/16GB

Ouch that’s the 1GB/16GB model - I don’t think anyone here will recommend not getting the 3GB/32GB.

Edit: Oups, I am wrong - surely @G1NT0N1C is to better judge this than me, see below.

1 Like

Yeah, no Google assistant for the SE

It’s s good price for a good device. A lot of people don’t need 3/32GB.

4 Likes

It’s an awesome price!

1 Like

Yep, I have the Hope with 3GB/32GB. I haven’t scratched the surface. I’m a Financial/Bookeeping programmer. So this is an outlet to create watch faces. Any way I dont use many apps either. I have 5GB used of that is 1,600 watch faces.

So get the Prime 3GB/32GB its only $40 to $65 more! Depending where you look for it. Aliexpress, Babggood, Gearbest and Tomtop I check all 4 because Aliexpress charges sales tax in the USA now.

So by estimation the Prime was released in October 2019, as the “Flag Ship” model. Well its been 4 months, this flag ship will soon be replaced with the next new “Flag Ship”. What will it be?

I’d like to see Android 8 or higher if its feasable for wearable devices. Documented stock launcher and really all the software could use an upgrade. Health apps using GPS for greater accuracy. BLUETOOTH calling. Stock launcher could use a over haul with new icons. You have a great Amoled display, why arent they using it? Cheaper to just use the same sofware over and over.

I own KW88, THOR 4, LEM X, HOPE. First two are non functional and no I wasnt rough on them I was in the hospital for a year and a half on Hospice so I couldnt get out of bed. Then I got better.

I recently purchased a Ticwatch Pro 4g LTE and a Samsung S10+ 1TB storage. i purchased Watchmaker for $7. Its a different way of doing things. Everything is done from the phone. I’m learning new things all the time!

Obviously, the next one will be able to make you a sammich.

4 Likes

My moto360 dead 2 years ago. FAW wasnt powerfull enough back then. But now with 3gb of ram and 1200+ mah it feels usable. Still, mine doesn’t last a day if whatsapp a lot. 2hrs of spotify on 3g battery drops to 60%. Doesn’t feel bulky, I get used to moto360. Original launchers are great but it can be better if we can hide some apps from list. Alphabetical order is a must

1 Like

The Kospet Prime is Prime! I’ve been through 30+ devices over the years (worst LEMX or any LEMFO devices) and the Prime is the one I’m most impressed with… The specs are great, runs all the apps you want and I’ve been using it as my ‘Smart Phone’ for months without a problem! The battery is awesome although I do lock it to 3G rather than LTE. In Sydney LTE is okay but not fantastic coverage where 850 3G is superb. I use X Launcher and tweek it with widgets etc. works brilliantly, as I want, a ‘mini’ smart phone! Outlook, Telegram etc. etc. Google Voice works like magic… Keep clear of LEMFO devices and trust in the build quality and performance of Kospet.

3 Likes

Its a shame you have this opinion of Lemfo . We support there watches and wouldnt if they were ALL a disaster . I have had many with no issues at all . Yes the prime is a great watch :+1:

1 Like