Colored steaks on watch face

I would try to store the off watch in a bag of rice for 2 days. There is a possibility that moisture ingress is the problem. To do this, open the SIM tray.

2 Likes

I would i know if water damage? If it did was just sweat

Yes, I suspect sweat could have caused the problem.

1 Like

hope it is love this watch

I say your right there Andy! :+1: Even a water resistant wrist watch is susceptible to sweat if it has had a battery replacement and not been pressure tested again. So the sim doors on these watches would be a very likely sweat entry point. Good tip about checking the camera lens for moisture, never thought of that! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Ok guys pull the watch out of the rice did factory reset and the steaks are still there, what am I looking at now?

Wouldnt think I could get that much sweat in it

Assuming in was in the rice 48hrs in a sealed bag with sim cover off ?

The last thing you can try is flashing the firmware

If this doesnt work and is a hardware issue you will need to contact jason .

Thanks

1 Like

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu is right. Flashing the Firmware is the last option. If it doesn’t work, you have to talk to Jason.

1 Like

Do I do this on the watch or pc?

Hi . Make sure watch is fully charged and turned off . You flash your watch while connected to pc ( not Mac )

This might be anove me afraid would screw it up.

It’s not so hard. Follow the video step by step. We will lead you if have any problems.

2 Likes

As you have tried everything you have nothing to lose . Also read this

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not confident that firmware will fix this.
As mentioned before - this normally happens after a knock to the watch or accidental drop.
However - it’s worth trying

3 Likes

Wasn’t drop or anything was on my arm all day riding my motorcycle was working fine till I check time late afternoon when it started

I didn’t mean that you have dropped it.
It’s just that I have seen this many times before and I have even done it myself to my Prime.
I just knocked my watch against a door frame while I was wearing it and same problem happened immediately.
They are sensitive to shock.
So I just mentioned it
If flashing firmware does not work then the screen has problems that cannot be fixed by the end user.

1 Like

Thanks I email Jason he had me mail to Delaware.

1 Like

Hi folks !

I’ve just receive mine today …screen blur and a thin vertical black line the whole time of set up.
Just like a frequensy issue.

Of course I immediatly made a Factory Reset : the black vertical line disapear but blur still remain.

Something this not sweat : I never wear this watch…

If water did that, it’s onlys during transportation.

Before I contact Jason, any idea about android display control (I mean tweaking videocard to adjust hertz…) ?

1 Like

@Najah_Ayache Welcome to the forum.
You cannot tweak the graphics in any way on these watches.
It is possible to change the DPI if you have root access but that is not the issue here and root access is a can of worms.
Ok, so the black line went away after a factory reset. This is very good news indeed.

Can you take some photos of the issue and email them to me at zappa1.pf@gmail.com please?

I have not seen this blurry screen issue before.
Normally there are lines or dead pixels…

I am also interested to know if you can see any condensation in the camera lens.
I ask this because we have seen a couple where they had condensation on the first day of opening the box. But only 2 as I say.

There is a reasonable chance that flashing the firmware will help you in this case.
Of course, without seeing the pictures I can’t be sure…

Here is the firmware thread

2 Likes