Clockskin Transfer

Jan 24, 2019 20:58:08 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Jan 24, 2019 19:55:36 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Hi Marco . Before uploading to watch when universal installed . Its say universal launcher detected . What does the " store a compressed " section mean ?

Also 50% of my compressed zip files with no sub folders wont appear in watch properly ? These are faces i have used before on every watch ive had . Here is what happens . Thanks

It says installed but doesent appear on macbook and doesnt appear on watch

Can you send me that file (or one of those files that don’t work properly?

Hi Marco . Any joy ? Thanks

Jan 26, 2019 20:10:54 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

Sorry, haven’t had the time to test it yet. And today I won’t be able to test it either. I’ll try to test it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Jan 27, 2019 16:16:35 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Jan 26, 2019 20:10:54 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

Sorry, haven't had the time to test it yet. And today I won't be able to test it either. I'll try to test it tomorrow or Tuesday.

No problem . Just to add confusion . Managed to get three .zip faces on that wouldnt work before then stopped working again . I'm lost on this . Restarted app and on pc over and over again but cannot work this out . Thankyou
Jan 27, 2019 16:19:13 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Jan 27, 2019 16:16:35 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Sorry, haven't had the time to test it yet. And today I won't be able to test it either. I'll try to test it tomorrow or Tuesday.

No problem . Just to add confusion . Managed to get three .zip faces on that wouldnt work before then stopped working again . I'm lost on this . Restarted app and on pc over and over again but cannot work this out . Thankyou

I think I figured it out. The zip file you sent me was created on a Mac. It added an hidden folder called __MACOSX/ on the zip file with some status file for each of the original files (may be metadata, I don't know). Anyway, that was confusing ClockSkin Transfer, making it think that there were two faces on the zip file. The second one had the same name as the first one (because it was inside that hidden folder) and in the installation process it overridden (is this the correct word? overrode??? - anyway, I mean it wrote over) the first, and correct, watchface by the second, and invalid, one. I think it is fixed now. I've uploaded an update to the Play Store, so it will be available soon.

By the way, the “Store a compressed file” option installs the watchface as a ZIP file, instead of a folder, in the watch. Universal Launcher will read it from the zip file, but the stock launcher may/will not.

Jan 28, 2019 21:41:13 GMT 1 mpmf said:
Jan 27, 2019 16:19:13 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

I think I figured it out. The zip file you sent me was created on a Mac. It added an hidden folder called __MACOSX/ on the zip file with some status file for each of the original files (may be metadata, I don't know). Anyway, that was confusing ClockSkin Transfer, making it think that there were two faces on the zip file. The second one had the same name as the first one (because it was inside that hidden folder) and in the installation process it overridden (is this the correct word? overrode??? - anyway, I mean it wrote over) the first, and correct, watchface by the second, and invalid, one. I think it is fixed now. I've uploaded an update to the Play Store, so it will be available soon.

By the way, the “Store a compressed file” option installs the watchface as a ZIP file, instead of a folder, in the watch. Universal Launcher will read it from the zip file, but the stock launcher may/will not.

Marco . A big big thankyou . It is appreciated very much . You are a very clever guy . Thankyou again and looking forward to the update .

Jan 23, 2019 16:19:42 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Hi Marco . In your opinion are all issues with universal launcher sorted . The reason why i ask is without launcher faces work fine . With launcher .watch files work fine , its zip files i am having a problem with ( some work , some dont ) . It has me baffled . I am using a kospet hope and never had this issue before .

Thankyou

When downloading the .zip files for watch faces, a lot of them were not the proper folder structure - as in inside the .zip file, there was a file directory which then contained all the watch face data.  What I had to do was extract all the files, then create a new .zip, with the files not inside a sub-folder.

For example, zip that did not work:

watchface.zip →   watchface directory/file folder  →   .xml and .png files

After editing:

watchface.zip  →   .xml and .png files

Also removing the _MACOSX folder and its contents completely.

I managed to get the watch faces working that you posted doing this on a Kopset Hope running the latest firmware update as well as most recent Universal Launcher.

Jan 29, 2019 15:59:59 GMT 1 soontobemember said:

When downloading the .zip files for watch faces, a lot of them were not the proper folder structure - as in inside the .zip file, there was a file directory which then contained all the watch face data.  What I had to do was extract all the files, then create a new .zip, with the files not inside a sub-folder.

After editing:

I managed to get the watch faces working that you posted doing this on a Kopset Hope running the latest firmware update as well as most recent Universal Launcher.

You are right, but ClockSkin Transfer should take care of that “folder in zip”, without issues. It also supports zip files with multiple clockskins (each on a folder). It even supports zips containing other zips containing the clockskins . What it did not support was the __MACOSX folder, which tricked ClockSkin Transfer into thinking it was another clockskin. But the updated version of ClockSkin Transfer (version 1.3) fixed that (or so I hope)

Jan 29, 2019 16:56:43 GMT mpmf said:

Jan 29, 2019 14:59:59 GMT soontobemember said:

After editing:

You are right, but ClockSkin Transfer should take care of that "folder in zip", without issues. It also supports zip files with multiple clockskins (each on a folder). It even supports zips containing other zips containing the clockskins . What it did not support was the __MACOSX folder, which tricked ClockSkin Transfer into thinking it was another clockskin. But the updated version of ClockSkin Transfer (version 1.3) fixed that (or so I hope)

Marco . I can now confirm this works 100% on my mac and works flawlessly . All issues fixed . Thankyou very much 😉

Just installed … My USB on the watch broke … No idea why …
Had no way of transfering watch files !!

Then I remembered you made this ! Great JOB works fab ! Thanks !

i never can get it to work

i do everything as explained same network same address site cant be reached im using Kospet hope

I just found this app! Oh my God Thank you!!. I just got the KW88 pro after my dog chewed my KW88. There’s some kind of issue with windows 10 detecting it for MTP transfer. It will charge but that’s it. I’ve did every fix, watched every video and still came up empty. I’ve spent days trying to figure out how to get my faces that I downloaded on this watch. This was the only way. That’s all I wanted. Bless you!!!

Gaaaah G+ has deleted the watchface share page (the one in your video)…
Where can I find Watch faces to download and transfer with your app? I just downloaded it and I’m all excited about it.

I actually want a face like my old Apple Watch with the three rings because I was used to it but I get the feeling the android community will regard this desire as pure filth!