Clockskin transfer doesn't work on my Win10

even after rebooting as suggested by Eric. ALSO, it has always been nearly impossible to maintain a USB connection to transfer files or even charge my Kospet PrimeSE. It takes much fiddling to finally establish a proper connection.

Any solutions to get a good connection (e.g., soldering nubs on the charging discs?) will be appreciated…

Always use the cable directly to the watch (not the dock, if you have one)
Install Minimal adb and fastboot drivers or go to the device manager on your computer and test changing the MTP driver for the watch USB connection.

In my experience, these things usually fix the problem.
Good luck @doubledad

Thank you for the reply, but I don’t believe I explained the problem properly.

The Kospet Prime SE doesn’t have a USB port, it uses only the charging dock. The watch itself has 4 copper contact disks that should engage with 4 “pins” on the dock to establish a connection. It has always been nearly impossible to maintain a USB connection to transfer files or even charge the watch.

Any solutions to get a good connection (e.g., soldering nubs on the charging discs?) will be appreciated…

I had a similar problem with my Kospet Prime 2 connection. Turned out one of the two magnet cylinders was loose on the charging cable connector. (It came out of the “pocket” it was supposed to stay in.) I used superglue to secure the magnet back in place and my connections have been MUCH better ever since.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give it a try…

Ah yes I understand.
I agree with previous advice above and I forgot about the alignment of the pins on this model. Sorry.

The pogo pins on the dock are prone to collapse after time. Cleaning them thoroughly does help in many cases. A little WD40 or similar will help release the spring inside the pins.

Sometimes I have seen the little gold pads on the back of the watch sink as well.
So two or three of them will look slightly higher and one maybe sunk lower in the watch cover…

1 Like

Again,thx for the advice

1 Like