Cheap cell phone plans recommendations for North America

I have been browsing all the 3rd party suppliers of SIM cards and service, piggy backing off the 4 major carriers (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile).  I am seeing plans as low as “free” for 200mb of data, 100 minutes talk time, and 100 texts. 

Anyone have any experiences with any of the 3rd party cell phone service providers? 

Feb 11, 2019 17:01:48 GMT soontobemember said:

I have been browsing all the 3rd party suppliers of SIM cards and service, piggy backing off the 4 major carriers (AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile).  I am seeing plans as low as “free” for 200mb of data, 100 minutes talk time, and 100 texts. 

Anyone have any experiences with any of the 3rd party cell phone service providers? 

For data only or voice too?

For data only I use Keepgo Smartwatch SIM. 1 x $19 USD = 500MB valid for a year. Also valid in multiple countries so no hassle with roaming fees. Update me if you find something cheaper! :blush:

I can send you a referring code. You get 10% off and I get a bit more data.

I’m using Lycamobile but I have only prepaid.

I need it mainly for voice and texts. Data will just be a bonus. I don’t even use 1 gig/month on my regular cell phone. That is what a proper computer is for with wired, low latency internet.

The best service around my area is offered by Verizon, followed by AT&T, then T-Mobile. Sprint just stinks rotten around here, with more dropped calls than received.

My worry is missing phone calls, and getting a voice mail alert hours later. I have read about Mint Mobile having this issue, and it seems rather widespread. That would be a no go for me, as this device would be used as my main line, forwarding text and voice to the watch from my cell phone.

That Lycamobile is an interesting deal hans65! Never heard of them before, and they have free international to some countries in Europe that I would like, as well as China.

Feb 11, 2019 17:01:48 GMT soontobemember said:

I use Speed Talk Sim cards that run on T-Mobile network. I have $5 cards in my watches that give me a combination of Talk, Text and data at $.02 or 250 of any combination of them. T-Mobile is the only network that still provides 2G service thru 2020. 

I also have this $9 Sim Card I use in an old phone that has Unlimited text & 500 Min and 500MB. I have been using them for a couple of years with no issues. I set up auto renewal each month so I don’t have the hassle of remembering to renew each month. i buy them on Amazon because I have a prime acct and get free shipping. If you need service outside the US you have to pay more but they also have a lot of different plan options to choose from.

wow, that is expensive in my country i have 100gb of data and free calls and sms for about 10USD…it dropped from 15USD.

Here’s a great resource for the US prepaid: www.prepaidcompare.net .