Charging issue? i must try many times to start charging

yes you are

1 Like

OK, so after having my Prime in storage for basically over a year as it is was bought as a back-up in case I had issues with my Kronos Genesis (which I have not had any issues at all!) I thought I would give it some use. So after using for less than 2 months I now have serious problems getting the thing to charge. This has been gradually getting worse and worse and now is practically dependent on the favours of the the Gods whether or not I can get it to start charging on the dock no matter how much fiddling and cleaning and wishful thinking I may throw at it. What is going on? Should I be complaining to Kospet? I have owned it over a year so out of warranty but only used it less than 2 months!!

The Kospet Prime can sometimes be difficult to make contact with the dock. I usually did it by holding the watch so close to the dock that the magnets attracted the dock.

1 Like

Bad news . Is the cable damaged and not sitting correctly ? Two pins for data and two are for charging . What are you cleaning with ? Small amount of alchohol is good

Still in pain …

What is soon?

well i think within this century. If you look at all of human history, this is very soon… :wink:
Joking aside: there is currently no watch with wireless charging in sight. And a retrofit solution for the Prime2 will unfortunately not come. :slightly_frowning_face:
Such a retrofit solution was briefly discussed.

While I wholeheartedly agree, I do have a non-Android watch, the Kingwear KW08 that has wireless charging. The wireless charging stand came with the watch and works fine.

In fact, there were prototypes of the Prime 2 with wireless charging. Unfortunately there was interference with the WLAN, which unfortunately also occurred when the watch wasn’t charging. The problem could have been solved, but not in the short term. But I think that this topic has not been completely put aside.

1 Like

But we all know these watches are a lower budget offering

1 Like

I find it interesting that I currently own 6 different watches and never have an issue charging them. I frequently clean the contacts with alcohol and label my charging cables so there are no mistakes. I have a Genesis and the other 5 are Lemfo watches, two with docks. No Kopset watches in the mix.

1 Like

Just curious, did you contact Jason directly. I found Kronus Blade, Jason, to be very honest to deal with. I ordered a watch, besides my Genesis, from his site and when he realized he could not fulfill the order he contacted me and immediately refunded my payment.

2 Likes

Agreed . Jason did what he had to do after he fulfilled his orders

Who is Jason?
and how that could be useful for a global problem such as that?
i ordered the watch long time ago via Chinese website

you answered your own question that wasn’t really a question, you don’t own a Kospet! I also have no charging issues with the Genesis, I just wish I had bought 2 of them instead of 1!

which website and which supplier? May have been a dodgy one, i went direct through the Genesis website for my order. Jason is the designer/overseer. From what I gather he made a deal with a manufacturer to develop a watch to his specifications which he then produced a whole bunch for a limited sale

Jason only sold his watches on his web site Kronus Blade. If you bought it somewhere else it to the best of my knowledge, it was not sold by him.

1 Like