Changing screen DPI

Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone tried to change screen DPI on their watches to try to fit more content on the screen or get an app working?

I just got Finow Q7 - my thinking was that since it had lower resolution than let say X5, bigger battery and smaller screen it would have a better battery life. Unfortunately I didn’t realize that due to lower resolution of the Q7 plenty of apps are unusable -  M2D apps among them. So I’m looking to try to experiment with different DPI settings to try to get more apps working. Most likely I will soft brick the watch but any input that could help would be highly apprecited.

Thanks.

Small update I have decreased my screen DPI from 120 to 100 and I do get more screen content on apps and at least M2D and Bluetooh tethering now show up the whole of their screens. But suddenly all my watchfaces are too big for my watch . Probably the best way to go about it is to root and use an app to change DPI on certain apps and not a whole system.

I’ll try to edit a few watch skins to see if I can adjust them to new DPI settings.

Dec 2, 2017 8:24:26 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Small update I have decreased my screen DPI from 120 to 100 and I do get more screen content on apps and at least M2D and Bluetooh tethering now show up the whole of their screens. But suddenly all my watchfaces are too big for my watch . Probably the best way to go about it is to root and use an app to change DPI on certain apps and not a whole system.

I’ll try to edit a few watch skins to see if I can adjust them to new DPI settings.

You can try my launcher where you can force the DPI of the launcher independantly from the rest…

Dec 2, 2017 8:32:05 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Dec 2, 2017 8:24:26 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

You can try my launcher where you can force the DPI of the launcher independantly from the rest…

Oh my, I think this just what I needed. Perfect.
I lowered my DPI settings to 80 and your launcher displays custom watches correctly.
I will head over to launcher thread as I have a few questions.

Thank you!