CF from D5 on request

I made a APK on request for Miroslav Kovacs on the other side (Google+)
He delivered the clockface zip so I could extract the images and decompile/edit and compile it the way Smash Smashin taught me

, says its from a no1. D5.
watch-andrew>> had to change false  from true to false …hope it works…we’ll see when someone tries and places picture

Your free to try it also off course…
Please leave a picture so I can see how it turned out…don’t have kw88 myself yet (ordered one and waiting)

Clockface link 

Attachments:

Date “false” is the best way…

Have you seen the colour chart?.. there might be times when different colours would look good

But the date does seem a bit close to the edge of the watch… positioning is tricky…

PS… did you make all three hands white?

I left it the way the Starttrek apk was, so I didn’t change any colour
But gave it of cource its own png for the hands .
Since I don’t own a KW88 (yet) I’m curious to see it when somebody installs

Yes I’ve seen the colour chart but haven’t spend much time diving in to the matter …will probably do so when the I have the watch.
Couldn’t help myself when asked making this clockface apk (since it is a piece of cake).

Also downloaded and installed ClockSkinMaker and tried to learn from that too.
Donated the maker who thanked me and said it wasn’t for the kw88

haha
I still think he deserved the donation , beautiful little program ,maybe in time we’ll know how to make it work for the kw88 too.

LINK   Tried to change the second hand and hopefully made it red .
          Show me …make me happy

watch-andrew >> I went and checked the png responsible for the second hand and noticed it was white.
                           replaced it with a red one retrieved somewhere else and it turned out red also on the watch of francesco fanelli
                           That means it doesn’t have to be recoded!!  The watch simply takes over the colour of the png in the Decompiled\Startrek_17012-debug.apk\res\drawable-hdpi-v4  folder !!

This only in case of the "altering Startrek_17012 " way and installing it as apk.
It seems there is no problem installing multiple apk that way to, don’t hear francesco complaining aboutit and he installed both white and red apk !
Now we only have to figure out how to put stuff like date and weather, wifi and battery stats etc. and how to place them in a particular spot.

Hi Martin…

Well done for making a donation for CSM… I was exchanging messages with the maker the other day, he said that he’d had over 5000 downloads and less than 5 donations… that’s you me and three others!!!

You’re right, you don’t need CSM to make apk files… but a package like Gimp is great - you only need to make one face and three hands

I’m reading through the guide from +Smash Smashin (+SS)… I’m not a coder so it looks pretty confusing… but with a bit of trial and error we should all be able to make what we want…

The information that I posted about the “colour chart” is going to be of little use (I did it mainly as part of my learning process)… the only thing that we can currently change the colour of is the date… and that looks good in black or white

A few people have started to change the font size… the StarTrek apk used 16, which looks too small… it’s a shame that there’s only one font

My next task is to work out the precise positions of the 13 predefined co-ordinates on the watch face… there is a “formula” in the +SS guide which I’m looking at…

I haven’t found out anything else… it’s pretty easy to make an apk, just follow a few simple rules…

[For anybody else who reads this - the next bit is a good starting guide from Mirko Genovese]

How to modify the apk from +Smash Smashin and replace with your watchface.

This tutorial was requested from +INFOMUSICFilms

BUG: IF YOU INSTALL MORE THAN ONE OF WATCHFACE CREATED WITH THIS METHOD, YOU WILL HAVE WRONG PREVIEW WHEN SELECTING WATCHFACE. (I will look into it, when i have time)

Pre-requisites:

APK-Easy Tool: forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/tool-apk-easy-tool-v1-02-windows-gui-t3333960

Watchface KW88 APK (Thx to +Smash Smashin): drive.google.com/open?id=0B9CObdbQsVIcRDRfM0JXUmIzQmc

Let’s start:

1. Decompile the APK (StarTrek) with APK-Easy Tool

2. Go on decompiled folder (/res/drawable-hdpi-v4)

3. Replace the following images inside:

img_clock_preview / img_dial / img_dial_2 / img_hour_hand / img_minute_hand / img_second_hand

1. Open AndroidManifest.xml on the root of decompiled folder and change the “StarTrek_xxxx” entry, with the name of the watchface you’re creating.

2. Do the same thing as point “4” with the file /res/values/strings.xml

3. Recompile the APK and transfer it on the smartwatch!

so,if I want to make some apk that should be kw88 apk?
Can I use this method to make some apks for other watch?

Sept 18, 2016 4:51:01 GMT 1 smith said:
so,if I want to make some apk that should be kw88 apk? Can I use this method to make some apks for other watch?

At the moment these apk watchskins will ONLY work on the KW88...

Somebody was able to “release” certain information from his KW88 and came up with this… others have added to it…

The hope is that somebody else will be able to “get into” their/the other watches…

Interesting work has been done by +Kenneth Tan… he’s been using a different launcher and Zooper… he’s been adding widgets to his watchfaces

Sept 18, 2016 7:40:40 GMT 1 watch-andrew said:
Sept 18, 2016 4:51:01 GMT 1 smith said:
At the moment these apk watchskins will ONLY work on the KW88...

Somebody was able to "release" certain information from his KW88 and came up with this... others have added to it...

The hope is that somebody else will be able to “get into” their/the other watches…

Interesting work has been done by +Kenneth Tan… he’s been using a different launcher and Zooper… he’s been adding widgets to his watchfaces

My tool didn't work,I can't decompile the apk. Er... maybe I should update the Java SE.

That worked for me

Alright,something went wrong.I can’t run this tool.Maybe I should keep waiting for you guys further research,I’m not a coder.

It’s trial and error …I had some difficulties too…
Still have but keep on going.

watch-andrew

Installed my own blanc face I dropped here a while ago, But don’t you think it weird too it turns out in negative on the watch?

(shows on watch ) :  

58.png

I'm trying something weird now. I will put all over de watch maps called ( ClockSkin) ..in it is a "new" clockskin res map that's not on my watch yet. When it turn up on the watch we'll have something , I then can delete maps one at a time and keep on resetting the watch to see at what deletion the watchface will be gone. Never mind>>>That didn't do a thing Just filling time here

Added in dir res/values/bools.xml (with studio64 )  true
In \res\drawable-hdpi-v4 added a mg_power_hand.png
It didn’t complain at all when I compiled it again to a apk.

Installed it on my watch , showed up nicely (third apk btw) but again …only the 3 hands , Can’t even get the date back working like before.