Casio WMP-1 Round Watch Face

Hello everyone.

I don’t know if this would be of interest to many people, but I’ve made a watch face based on the Casio WMP-1 Wrist Audio Player watch from the early 2000’s.

It works with the stock launcher and displays Time, Day, Steps, Heart Rate and Battery Remaining.

It also includes Array 100 touch zones to emulate the WMP-1’s functions.

• Touching the Play/Stop Button will launch VLC player if you have it installed. (To mimic how doing so would play MP3’s on the original watch.)

• Touching The track forward/light button will toggle the watch’s flashlight (requires flashlight toggle widget by nomadicratio, downloadable from the play store)

• Touching the track backward/date button will open the preinstalled Calendar app.

• Touching volume up or down will increase or decrease volume (requires VolumeControlWidget by madhopssoft, downloadable from play store)

• Touching the mode button will open the Organised Drawer app if you have it installed.

[Edit] Here’s a link to the watch face [Edit]
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12QT-auy4wLvfsIXvNMSuRFEP-cMETndw?usp=sharing

Credit Link www.casio.com

8 Likes

Is there a link?

1 Like

@WildsideD Interesting looking watch! :+1: I looked this up on Utube and a Dude just brought a “New” one (In fact a 21 year old never opened one! :woozy_face:) and was surprised that, even after charging it, the battery didn’t work and more surprised that he could not buy that type of Lipo battery anymore! :crazy_face: I hope he takes someone else with him when he buys a car! :rofl:
But as I said, a great looking watch and…with the right apps installed…quite a number of useful features. I think you will need to provide a credit link to Casio at least.
Thanks for giving me a look back at the technology that was around back in the 2000’s :+1:
Cheers, Doons

1 Like

There is now, lol. (Sorry, it was my first post and had to be moderated. I’ve added a link to a google drive folder with the watch folder in it.)

Yeah, I agree it’s not ideal. I’d hoped that I could figure out how to use array 100 to directly call the system volume up/down toggle directly but my coding skills are very limited so the widgets were the next best choice. I guess VLC could be replaced with the stock media player without much effort. Same with organised drawer if whoever downloaded it wanted the mode button to do something different.

Really? Mine still holds a charge. The whole inspiration behind making this watch face was that I dismantled mine to increase the storage capacity (it uses a 32mb pre SD flash card called an MMC). I installed an 128mb SD card in it and the software (which is Win98 only and needs to be run on a VM) not only recognised it and let me format it showing 128mb of available storage. Then let me transfer 32mb of data before throwing up an error. It might be because I used an SD card when it wants an MMC but I suspect it’s hard coded into the firmware to not accept anything beyond 32mb of data. Probably because they planned to release a higher capacity model down the line that was scrapped. But that’s pure speculation.

Anyway, that’s all totally irrelevant to the topic. Thanks for the interest.

1 Like

Interesting that yours is still working after 21 years! Also interesting that you werre able to “Tweak” it for extra memory, etc. My expertise with watches extends to looking at them and making a fair guess at what the time is! :woozy_face: :rofl:

Just so that you know for the future, there is a rule on the Forum that, if you make a copy of an existing watch face…then you need to provide a “Credit Link” to the manufacturer of that face. In this case you would need to have a credit link to Casio watches website I would think. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Looks great! Can you add a casio credit link, please?

3 Likes

Done. I will remember for future if I post any recreations. Thanks for filling me in.

Dan

1 Like

No worries Dan! :+1: :+1: Looking forward to seeing some more of your faces in the future mate! Cheers, Doons

2 Likes