Can i root my X5+ w618?

Hi,

See topic. I see some people can root a X5+ w616 one but i am reluctant to try to root my X5+ w618. Can this be done? Thanks!

Aug 22, 2017 14:54:36 GMT 1 aalmans said:
Hi,

See topic. I see some people can root a X5+ w616 one but i am reluctant to try to root my X5+ w618. Can this be done? Thanks!

/thread/1016/twrp-recovery-port-x5-lem5, it is better to ask on the developer's thread, i'm sure that it can be rooted but better to check:)

Aug 23, 2017 7:03:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 22, 2017 14:54:36 GMT 1 aalmans said:
Hi,

/thread/1016/twrp-recovery-port-x5-lem5, it is better to ask on the developer's thread, i'm sure that it can be rooted but better to check:)

Thanks but this is for the w616 i believe? I have a w618...
Aug 23, 2017 13:24:16 GMT 1 aalmans said:

let me check...
Aug 23, 2017 13:24:16 GMT 1 aalmans said:

Aug 23, 2017 7:03:36 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
/thread/1016/twrp-recovery-port-x5-lem5, it is better to ask on the developer’s thread, i’m sure that it can be rooted but better to check:)

Thanks but this is for the w616 i believe? I have a w618...

try the link, that i have posted for the lemfo lem5, i believe they are the same. i have 3 lem all w618 and all rotted like described here:

4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t787623.html

its in russian, but google translate did the job for me.
i’ve reposted the links here somewhere in this forum too. just search or ask e again

Hello,

I have a X5+ (w618) and successfully rooted with tools available here.

Very important !!!
Please take time to read also the comments in those two links.
Also please note that you have to set SU to always grant permission, otherwise will crash when a app request root.
Also please note that this is the procedure i used almost 4 months ago… Things might have improved since then . Just search the forum, you will find all the information and tools you need here.

Thanks savi,

I performed a TWRP install and rooted my device combining info from this board. Here’s a write-up:

NOTE: do this at your own risk. Don’t blame me if you brick your watch, get into a argument with your girlfriend, hurt your dog or anything !

TURN OFF WATCH

Flash original firmware (w618_wgl.x5plus_ddr3.common.80.emmc.w.s.170327.flash)

1. Load the included scatter file in SP Flash Tool
  2. Select all partitions and Format All + Download. Then press “Download”
  3. Power off the watch and then connect it to USB and it will format and flash

This will return your watch to the factory default, no TWRP and no root. It will delete all non-default apps and data.

Flash TWRP boot + recovery (recovery-twrp-302-x5plus-20170429)

2. It should only select boot and recovery partitions. Select Download Only. Then press “Download”
  3. Power off the watch and then connect it to USB and it will format and flash

This will install TWRP with a non-standard boot.img to prevent the system to return to factory default after reboot.
More info: /thread/1016/twrp-recovery-port-x5-lem5

TURN ON WATCH

Flash original boot.img (w618_wgl.x5plus_ddr3.common.80.emmc.w.s.170327.flash)

1. Check firmware version for modified boot.img in About Phone. It should read Nov 25, 2016
  2. Enable USB debugging in watch About Phone, Developer Options
  3. Connect watch to USB and confirm access from PC to watch on the watch
  4. Launch MTK Droid Root & Tools. Phone information should populate
  5. Hit Reboot … in recovery
  6. in TWRP select “Allow Modifications” (Never show again)
  7. Go to the “Mount” menu and select the System partition
  8. Go to “Files” menu, locate the file “/system/bin/install-recovery.sh” and rename/delete it

TURN OFF WATCH AND DISCONNECT FROM USB

2. Only select boot partition and Download Only. Then press “Download”
  3. Connect watch to USB and it will flash
  4. Restart watch and confirm boot.img version in About Phone. It should read Mar 27, 2017

At this point you have a factory default watch with TWRP recovery (no root yet!).
You should be able to reboot into TWRP using MTK Droid Root & Tools as before.
More info: /thread/894/twrp-recovery-latest-boot-img

Install SuperSU from TWRP and get root access (SR3-SuperSU-v2.82-SR3-20170813133244)

1. Sideload SuperSU zip and Settings Search apk file into Download folder on the watch
  2. Launch MTK Droid Root & Tools. Phone information should populate
  3. Hit Reboot … in recovery
  4. In TWRP install SuperSU zip file and do a Wipe cache/dalvik, then reboot
  5. In Settings Search, go to Accessibility and enable High Contrast Text
  6. In SuperSU settings, set Default access to “Grant”
  7. Reboot watch

At this point you have a factory default rooted watch with TWRP recovery and have full control over your watch !
It may be wise to make a TWRP backup at this point by backing up boot, system and data partitions.