Call forwarding instead of BT calling

Would it be possible to do call forwarding instead on an android 7.1.1 watch? And can it pair with a bluetooth headphone?

That way if I get a call on my cell number, it will just route to my watch number.

yes and yes

Correct me if I’m wrong call forwarding is trough the carrier so no possible

yes, call forwarding is through the carrier. As long as the carrier supports call forwarding I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. Whether it would be a good solution though, I think maybe not.

If you are with T-Mobile, T-Mobile Digits Plan. I didn’t pay anything for it and it works very well for call-forwarding and texting. Don’t need SIM for this.

Before T-Mobile Digits, I used an app called “Remote SMS Calls Divert” on my main phone. You’ll need an extra SIM card for this, you put in your watch SIM phone number and it will forward anything on your main to your watch.

1 Like
Apr 18, 2019 19:45:19 GMT seyelive said:
If you are with T-Mobile, T-Mobile Digits Plan. I didn't pay anything for it and it works very well for call-forwarding and texting. Don't need SIM for this.

Before T-Mobile Digits, I used an app called “Remote SMS Calls Divert” on my main phone. You’ll need an extra SIM card for this, you put in your watch SIM phone number and it will forward anything on your main to your watch.

thanks for sharing thats great,in couples months i will switching to T- mobile and go back to Android no more iphone,could you make a video or share some pictures

I will hopefully have pictures soon, I used to use T-mobile digits all the time with my LemX and works fine. Now with my Lem 9 it is tougher, I need to root Lem 9 with Magisk first, the T-mobile Digits for the Lem 9 is having trouble with size resolution and signing in to use it.

Been a while since I rooted my watch, I think I need to get a Lem 9 firmware or was it TWRP before I start, waiting for this site to have one before I do that.

Apr 19, 2019 4:23:29 GMT seyelive said:
I will hopefully have pictures soon, I used to use T-mobile digits all the time with my LemX and works fine. Now with my Lem 9 it is tougher, I need to root Lem 9 with Magisk first, the T-mobile Digits for the Lem 9 is having trouble with size resolution and signing in to use it.

Been a while since I rooted my watch, I think I need to get a Lem 9 firmware or was it TWRP before I start, waiting for this site to have one before I do that.

Yeah definitely size matters the LemX is a beast I was planning to get the Lem9 because I do like the design and if they can make work better all the features that the Nordic MCU can do, but I believe it will take time for the two SoC to do a fast booting and work as they mentioned, I believe too that the MCU is better for features for health , fitness, Bluetooth low power and connection, outdoor activities, IoT , off course it has to be well implemented and even all the data can be save in your phone and send it to the person or a doctor 

I was able to get T-mobile Digits on my Lem9 to show you and test it. Couldn’t root my Lem9 yet, but I installed an older version of T-mobile Digits that was easier to sign in. Current Digits made it impossible to sign in. I downloaded March 2019 version instead of April 2019 apk. 

For those not sure what T-Mobile Digits is:  T-mobile Digits is like a FREE Call/Text forwarding that uses Internet Data on any device (computer, laptop, tablets, phones, smartwatches, etc.). It is able to VIEW pictures too, in one of my attachment picture with IMG sent, I clicked on it and I can view the picture sent. 

“All your existing T-Mobile numbers are now DIGITS lines. You can use them for free on any compatible internet-connected device via the DIGITS app or on phones with the DIGITS functionality built in. If you want additional DIGITS lines, you can purchase a DIGITS Talk & Text line for $10/month.”

If you are confused about this process, just ask a T-mobile person to help you set up the free account that is linked with your T-mobile phone #, in the end it is all free unless you want additional DIGITS lines (not worth it in my opinion). 

Posted attachments to show you an idea what it looks like on a smartwatch like Lemfo Lem 9 in both square and round mode.  Must have app if you have a smart watch and T-mobile.  Do not need a SIM card and it gives instant message/phone calls right away.

Attachments:

so dont need of Bluetooth calling,its similar like google voice,so you just internet(wifi) and the app too in both devices,how is the battery consumption,nice find great i will choose tmobile, you could vysor app if you have problems with Digits app

So not an accurate reading but I have Data Plan enabled (Sim), Location enabled, 50% light screen, and Bluetooth on and when I turn Digits constantly on, it drained about 10% every hour. I started at 74%, the first hour drained  to 65% (9%) and second hour drained about to 53% (1 phone call came in through both my phone and watch). So about 10% per hour, maybe more if you have WIFI enabled too but mine is off.

How are the other apps? T-Mobile Digits seems to be the best for me, very simple to use and free.

it would be nice to give to Mr Ticks this idea to make a video in Tmobile call forwarding i believe he use tmobile.
so battery life is not good using the app,but you need wifi on all the time in order to Digits to work or is better to have in both devices a Simcard can you find out which is better battery life.so in order to do this the watch need a battery capacity more than 700Mah at least to get through the day.
thanks

Yeah, I’ll test the battery life of Digits without SIM but on wifi and get back to you on that. I suspect it’ll either be the same or better with WIFI only. If I recall correctly, DATA SIM enable takes a lot out of the battery compared to the other stuff.

Yeah you are right data enable take a lot sources

Apr 21, 2019 18:18:33 GMT seyelive said:

I forget about the feature i dont need to have the phone with me, in order to get the call,i mean i just wear the smartwatch and leave the phone maybe at home.

Yup, that’s what I do when I go exercise and don’t want to carry phone on me. Whether you have SIM card in smartwatch or wifi at GYM, you’ll get everything forwarded to your watch even if your main phone is at home. Pretty convenient

I use the T mobile digits app on my Kospect hope, Secure tether BT app on my phone, Secure Tether client app on watch, Works great I can send and receive calls and text,

1 Like

can you explain, name of the app,so you are using beside digits,this app the client on the watch and the server in the phone,did try to use or can useful the WatchDroid app and do you need to have Wifi and bluetooth on all the time or just bluetooth ,do you need a Simcard too.
digits its a nice app for Tmobile user, dont need it for a bluetooth call.

no simcard,I didn’t try watch droid because the digits app works for me, I always have wifi,bluetooth and location on, doesn’t use much battery on my watch.

1 Like

Thanks, I use watch Droid better than wiiwatch, i did everything already in my LemX works great doing some test for battery life.
The Wiiwatch app is frozen because my watch is root