BT functions

I was in the same boat about a year ago. Your wording is interesting tho. ‘they can’t even do this’

No they don’t they do so much more now.

I was annoyed the feature was gone at first but I’ve come to realize there are better ways. If I need to start a call from the watch and can’t get to my phone easily then I’m usually in a situation I don’t mind that the watch is on speaker phone. If I need to have more of a private conversation then I usually have the time to just pull my phone out.

Hi,
Can you shared these clockskins.
Many thanks
Max

You on A10 or 7.1.1 ?

I am on 7.1.1.

Okay

2 Likes

Hi Pablo @lumaticsoft ,
Thank You for explanation. So as the cause is in fact Play Store policy, not the “Android 10 nor BT Stack” - First- I would like to re-check with You if “call starting” - (with no voice transmission over BT) still falls within the google restrictions, and I understand that this is part-time activity in the free time which is precious, and as months passed since initial request over the email- I would like to check with You if in case google policy blocks call starting - You see it possible to develop (add call starting possibility)(which is NOT full BT calling as explained) from the watch to the version 15, as “call reception” can be solved by Google phone app installation as shown earlier in this thread) and distribute this version outside of the play store - as paid version - as mentioned I declare 100$ for this development work. If there are a few others, which can donate to You - maybe this can initiate the work? What I can promise form my side is to prepare YT video that it works again (previous one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdvKLo_uAhs&t=1597s )
Regards,
Luk

I am starting to feel very ill and tired reading this …

3 Likes

Android 10 is Google, Play Store is Google, so maybe $ 500? Let’s bid, or come on, better leave it dead!

1 Like

i bid 2,50€ and a bacon sandwich!!! come on guys…this has been asked 50 times (by me too) since android 10 came out…it was a good feature but it is gone…i understand lumaticsoft does not want to put time in this and move on…respect his decision…keep up the good work…

5 Likes

Please stop asking for bacon sandwiches. Nobody here will be able to get you one, even if you pay 3,99€.:joy::+1:

3 Likes

… going for aspirin. :roll_eyes:

Within recent discussion - there is no clear answer if call starting option (just to activate the call from the watch even if only for predefined group of numbers with all “calling action” to be done only on the PHONE linked with the watch) - so without BT calling nor voice transfer between the phone and the watch in any direction) still falls within Google policy restrictions? – is it possible to be considered for development to the next version of WatchDroid ? There was one message here that it may be “fairly easy” - what is the actual possibility here?

From reviewed comments and ratings in the play store – there are other users requesting call handling - as call reception can be fixed with Google Phone app, maybe the workaround with call activation suggestion to use BT headset for actual call and talking can be good solution?

As has already been said, nothing more can be done for the moment. Not even when you’re pushing. The problem is Android 10. It’s not because nobody wants to help you. Even waving bundles of money will not help here. If the missing functions are vital for you, you should switch back to an android 7 device. Maybe a Prime 1. And then watch the development in peace…
For my part, I would now end this discussion.

FYI - I just have connected SM-V700 full android watch running android 4.2.2 fOmey rom to the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra running newest Android 10 and I was able to start the call on the phone activating it from the watch. No issues here. I have also tested call reception - info who is calling is properly displayed on the watch screen (so transmitted from Note Ultra to the full android watch) and I can accept the call on the watch (whole talking is done using BT headset - so all 3 devices work together)

Of course. It works with an old OS on the watch. But not with A10. As about 10 people have told you…

Hello Lumaticsoft,

I am using Your software version 9.1 - please see my “BT network” in action in YT video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdvKLo_uAhs&t=1596s .

My BT network contains 3 devices -

• Galaxy Note phone, (Note 20 Ultra now)
  • BT headset SONY MW1,
  • Kospet Prime 2 (recently purchased KOSPET PRIME 2)

I was 100% happy until Android 10 upgrade which caused no more possibility to activate phone call from the watch.
Can You reconsider adding core functionalities of the version 9.1 again to the newest Watch Droid - and distribute this version OUTSIDE the playstore - with at least basic key phone call activation functionalities which are not full “BT calling”:

1. possibility to activate the call from the watch using shortlist of 6-9 predefined numbers with calling done by the main phone - so with no need to transfer the voice to the watch - actual “talking” to be made using BT headset connected with the phone
  2. visualize on the watch properly who is calling You on the phone - with option to answer or reject the call on the watch - but again without voice transferred to the watch - talking to be made through BT headset.

I wonder if there are other users which are interested in this functionality - for me it is KEY feature missing now, and also key feature as I want to know who is calling me without taking the phone out of the pocket, and start the call also without taking the phone out of the pocket (due to the fact that I am riding a bike for example, or due to the fact that I do not want to take the phone out of the pocket due to my safety for example that somebody may want to steal it from me.

I wonder if there are other users on this forum who are very interested in this functions ? This can be paid version and I declare the 100$ Paypal bonus for you for making those functions available again.
in the new version, or just re-checking and re configuring the 9.1 version rights allowing it to work in Android 10 properly.
(in fact the call activation in version 9.1 can be done right now but ONLY when the Watch droid phone is active on the PHONE screen, and the screen of the phone is ON - this stops to work if the application goes into background or you switch the phone screen of - making it USELESS now.

Looking forward for other users who can support calling functionality.
If description of what I need is unclear - please feel free to ask me any questions.

So - why it also works with Prime2 running Android 10 (so with “new OS on the watch”) when connected to Note 20 ultra as long as the Watch Droid 9.1 stays in the foreground on Note20? Is it the issue on the watch or on the phone? Plenty of people answered that “BT calling is not possible” but I am not requesting it. Nobody answered the question if call starting is possible.

Sorry, but my patience has run out. I am no longer available to you as a conversation partner for this topic.

6 Likes

… going for aspirin again. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Ha ha ha :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this could have something to do with it: https://developer.android.com/guide/components/activities/background-starts

maybe the samsung solution uses the CompanionDeviceManager API and watchdroid does something else