BT functions

Nobody uses the watch camera, other than to try it when they first get it. If you want a watch with a good camera, get the Prime 2.

pablo11 has correctly answered to all your questions, bluetooth calling is not possible on versions other than Android 5.1 and probably will never be possible, unless I, or another member of the OpenWatch Project team starts working on it (unlikely, we have other priorities).

It is what it is, sorry.

1 Like

Hello @iscle,

Would it be possible to confirm what do You mean as ā€œbluetooth callingā€ - as mentioned the only requested function is to be able to remotely activate the call from the watch, while actual call is made from the big phone. There is no voice transfer between watch and phone. Is such action still ā€œbluetooth callingā€ and why it works with samsung watches working with phones? (however samsung watches have no camera - which is key drawback)

I used SM-V700 (Samsung Galaxy Gear initial model) camera on daily basis for pictures (several thousands useful pictures made) - and also for up to 1 minutes videos - great quality - and the picture quality was great for 1.9Mp camera. Even pictures taken in dark room were with acceptable noise. Watch was transferring pictures automatically over BT to the phone - making it easy for use and small in size . I have already Prime1, Kronos Genesis and Prime 2ā€¦ however it all together still do not work as 5 years old SM-V700 was capableā€¦

In theory, I believe making an app that lets you initiate the call from the watch should be fairly easy (for those that know how to make android apps). Can I ask what made you upgrade from the SM-V700 to other watches?

1 Like

That is why I would like to convince team here / Pablo11 and Lumaticsoft that it make sense to add call starting functionality BACK again to the Watch droid.
I had to upgrade as there are fewer and fewer SM-V700 watches on the market- no more belts for them, and the belt contains the camera - so if it falls apart - no way to replace it. this is extinct product - I have around 10 pieces of those watches - some of them died, on some belts felt apartā€¦ I have maybe one or two still working but battery is not that good any moreā€¦ I strongly suggest to the community here the practicality of this solution - it is basically unknown to the general public - so this what I see as the problem - somehow to convince others that it works and it is practical. I had been using this for many years - basically since first BT headsets appeared, and with the watch from the moment SM-V700 watch got on the market - with several mods on the system the watch became really very useful tool.

1 Like

You donā€™t want to understand Neither Pablo nor lumaticsoft can do that.

2 Likes

I was in the same boat about a year ago. Your wording is interesting tho. ā€˜they canā€™t even do thisā€™

No they donā€™t they do so much more now.

I was annoyed the feature was gone at first but Iā€™ve come to realize there are better ways. If I need to start a call from the watch and canā€™t get to my phone easily then Iā€™m usually in a situation I donā€™t mind that the watch is on speaker phone. If I need to have more of a private conversation then I usually have the time to just pull my phone out.

Hi,
Can you shared these clockskins.
Many thanks
Max

You on A10 or 7.1.1 ?

I am on 7.1.1.

Okay

2 Likes

Hi Pablo @lumaticsoft ,
Thank You for explanation. So as the cause is in fact Play Store policy, not the ā€œAndroid 10 nor BT Stackā€ - First- I would like to re-check with You if ā€œcall startingā€ - (with no voice transmission over BT) still falls within the google restrictions, and I understand that this is part-time activity in the free time which is precious, and as months passed since initial request over the email- I would like to check with You if in case google policy blocks call starting - You see it possible to develop (add call starting possibility)(which is NOT full BT calling as explained) from the watch to the version 15, as ā€œcall receptionā€ can be solved by Google phone app installation as shown earlier in this thread) and distribute this version outside of the play store - as paid version - as mentioned I declare 100$ for this development work. If there are a few others, which can donate to You - maybe this can initiate the work? What I can promise form my side is to prepare YT video that it works again (previous one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdvKLo_uAhs&t=1597s )
Regards,
Luk

I am starting to feel very ill and tired reading this ā€¦

3 Likes

Android 10 is Google, Play Store is Google, so maybe $ 500? Letā€™s bid, or come on, better leave it dead!

1 Like

i bid 2,50ā‚¬ and a bacon sandwich!!! come on guysā€¦this has been asked 50 times (by me too) since android 10 came outā€¦it was a good feature but it is goneā€¦i understand lumaticsoft does not want to put time in this and move onā€¦respect his decisionā€¦keep up the good workā€¦

5 Likes

Please stop asking for bacon sandwiches. Nobody here will be able to get you one, even if you pay 3,99ā‚¬.:joy::+1:

3 Likes

ā€¦ going for aspirin. :roll_eyes:

Within recent discussion - there is no clear answer if call starting option (just to activate the call from the watch even if only for predefined group of numbers with all ā€œcalling actionā€ to be done only on the PHONE linked with the watch) - so without BT calling nor voice transfer between the phone and the watch in any direction) still falls within Google policy restrictions? ā€“ is it possible to be considered for development to the next version of WatchDroid ? There was one message here that it may be ā€œfairly easyā€ - what is the actual possibility here?

From reviewed comments and ratings in the play store ā€“ there are other users requesting call handling - as call reception can be fixed with Google Phone app, maybe the workaround with call activation suggestion to use BT headset for actual call and talking can be good solution?

As has already been said, nothing more can be done for the moment. Not even when youā€™re pushing. The problem is Android 10. Itā€™s not because nobody wants to help you. Even waving bundles of money will not help here. If the missing functions are vital for you, you should switch back to an android 7 device. Maybe a Prime 1. And then watch the development in peaceā€¦
For my part, I would now end this discussion.

FYI - I just have connected SM-V700 full android watch running android 4.2.2 fOmey rom to the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra running newest Android 10 and I was able to start the call on the phone activating it from the watch. No issues here. I have also tested call reception - info who is calling is properly displayed on the watch screen (so transmitted from Note Ultra to the full android watch) and I can accept the call on the watch (whole talking is done using BT headset - so all 3 devices work together)

Of course. It works with an old OS on the watch. But not with A10. As about 10 people have told youā€¦