Bricked Lem5 Need Help!

I bricked my Lemfo Lem5 smartwatch after deleting a downloaded watch face while it was it use. I tried to get to settings but it would not let me so I booted the watch and it wouldn’t get any further than the Lemfo logo on the startup screen.

I followed a tutorial on youtube where this guy describes how to flash firmware for a Finow X5 watch. I ended up getting the Lemfo Lem5 firmware sent to my email from Lemfo support and they also sent me the SP flash tool. I downloaded the latest drivers for MTK drivers while my laptop was in test mode. The first time I tried the flash, the yellow bar completed 100% and the green checkmark box came up. In the youtube video tutorial the guy says once that’s done you can disconnect the watch and you would be able to use it as normal.

My watch got worse because now it doesn’t even boot up or turn on the screen stays black. When I connect it to the laptop the watch connects then disconnects and when I try to flash the firmware again the download progress bar turns red, goes to 100% complete and then an error message DRAM pops up and the watch loops by connecting and disconnecting on the computer while the screen on the watch stays black.

Lemfo told me to return it to the seller for a refund but the seller already refunded me and did not require me to ship the phone back since it woukd have costed more to ship it back than it did to buy the watch. I’d like to get it working again I ended up buying a Huawei watch and I want to get my Lem5 working then sell it.

I called a few computer and phone repair stores in my city and no one offers smartwatch support so I’m on my own here. I’ve tried taking off the back plate, detatching then re attaching the battery wire connection and still the screeb remains black.

Your help is greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from anyone regarding any solutions!

Mar 2, 2017 23:50:06 GMT 1 andy1212 said:
I bricked my Lemfo Lem5 smartwatch after deleting a downloaded watch face while it was it use. I tried to get to settings but it would not let me so I booted the watch and it wouldn't get any further than the Lemfo logo on the startup screen.

I followed a tutorial on youtube where this guy describes how to flash firmware for a Finow X5 watch. I ended up getting the Lemfo Lem5 firmware sent to my email from Lemfo support and they also sent me the SP flash tool. I downloaded the latest drivers for MTK drivers while my laptop was in test mode. The first time I tried the flash, the yellow bar completed 100% and the green checkmark box came up. In the youtube video tutorial the guy says once that’s done you can disconnect the watch and you would be able to use it as normal.

My watch got worse because now it doesn’t even boot up or turn on the screen stays black. When I connect it to the laptop the watch connects then disconnects and when I try to flash the firmware again the download progress bar turns red, goes to 100% complete and then an error message DRAM pops up and the watch loops by connecting and disconnecting on the computer while the screen on the watch stays black.

Lemfo told me to return it to the seller for a refund but the seller already refunded me and did not require me to ship the phone back since it woukd have costed more to ship it back than it did to buy the watch. I’d like to get it working again I ended up buying a Huawei watch and I want to get my Lem5 working then sell it.

I called a few computer and phone repair stores in my city and no one offers smartwatch support so I’m on my own here. I’ve tried taking off the back plate, detatching then re attaching the battery wire connection and still the screeb remains black.

Your help is greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from anyone regarding any solutions!

did you follow the right instructions? did you make sure to remove the v mark from preloader? did you make sure that the rom is a stock and not an update? what do you mean the laptop was in “test mode”? are you sure that mtk drivers are installed? what about usb mtp? make the whole process again. 

didnt work

Mar 27, 2017 2:39:00 GMT 1 andy1212 said:
didnt work

Would you mind sharing the firmware they sent you? I have been looking for the original 618 firmware..

As for your issue, have you opened the watch and verified the revision? 616 or 618…Then make sure you flash the appropriate version.

Mar 27, 2017 19:16:43 GMT 1 spikey911 said:
Mar 27, 2017 2:39:00 GMT 1 andy1212 said:
didnt work

Would you mind sharing the firmware they sent you? I have been looking for the original 618 firmware..

As for your issue, have you opened the watch and verified the revision? 616 or 618…Then make sure you flash the appropriate version.

all firmwares are in the firmwares section:)

Mar 27, 2017 20:20:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Mar 27, 2017 19:16:43 GMT 1 spikey911 said:
 Would you mind sharing the firmware they sent you? I have been looking for the original 618 firmware…

Sadly the Lem5 W618 original is not. I know you can use the X5+ but I need to return the watch with a Lemfo splash screen and not a Finow
Mar 27, 2017 23:41:30 GMT 1 spikey911 said:

Mar 27, 2017 20:20:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sadly the Lem5 W618 original is not. I know you can use the X5+ but I need to return the watch with a Lemfo splash screen and not a Finow

sorry, did'nt notice that the w618 is'nt there, i'll see what can be done.

if you have lem5 w618,flash the x5+ w618 WITH preloader

it will boot up in X5+ software

then flash lem5 w616 WITHOUT preloader

616 and 618 use the same firmware, the slight difference is ram. only the preloader must be for the right motherboard version

Mar 28, 2017 12:05:50 GMT 1 dud said:

616 and 618 use the same firmware, the slight difference is ram. only the preloader must be for the right motherboard version

You sir are a genius...It worked perfectly... I am now on the latest Lemfo stock!
si tiene W618 lem5, el flash de la x5 + W618 CON preloader

que arrancará en X5 + software

parpadeará lem5 W616 SIN preloader

616 y 618 usar el mismo firmware, la pequeña diferencia es carnero. Sólo el preloader debe ser para la versión de su placa madre

Thank you - It happened to me.

Which also solved the same way.

Greetings.

thanks for this tip👍. i was closed to send this toy back to Amazon.

dud
all member here
can you share me the link of x5+w618 with preloader? where to get this preloader and the lemf5 618 without preloader? also a flash tool for windows 10 post the link here please i have a lemfo lem5 also stock in boot “lem5” its frozen thanks alot