Bluetooth problems and internet access

I see the option to tick the box allowing my watch to get internet access via my phone, but the box automatically unticks itself. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my watch to listen to music it disconnects almost every 30 seconds. is there a way to fix this?

Oct 15, 2018 19:16:45 GMT 1 scorch said:
I see the option to tick the box allowing my watch to get internet access via my phone, but the box automatically unticks itself. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my watch to listen to music it disconnects almost every 30 seconds. is there a way to fix this?

reset the watch and look for updates (also on the forum) and after that do all again.
Oct 15, 2018 19:16:45 GMT 1 scorch said:
I see the option to tick the box allowing my watch to get internet access via my phone, but the box automatically unticks itself. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my watch to listen to music it disconnects almost every 30 seconds. is there a way to fix this?

Make sure your phone as enabled the internet by BT access.

Same problem here. No way to tick the box on the watch and on the phone also…

Edit.
Ok, solved. Never noticed the option in bluetooth settings :smiley:

Oct 17, 2018 1:53:26 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 15, 2018 19:16:45 GMT 1 scorch said:
I see the option to tick the box allowing my watch to get internet access via my phone, but the box automatically unticks itself. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my watch to listen to music it disconnects almost every 30 seconds. is there a way to fix this?

reset the watch and look for updates (also on the forum) and after that do all again.

I am having a big problem, I have already tried several ways and I can not access the wifi and bluetooth. Is only root the solution?

adriansilva

that is different issue, if you can turn on wifi or BT that means the problem can be with the watch and not firmware, can you give info of the firmware?

Oct 19, 2018 8:04:50 GMT 1 giuvi72 said:
Same problem here. No way to tick the box on the watch and on the phone also...

Edit.
Ok, solved. Never noticed the option in bluetooth settings :smiley:


Hey. I’m having the exact same problems. Both with the phone and watch. How did you resolve? It won’t let me tick internet access. Please help.

wonky

have you watched the video how to do so?

Dec 1, 2018 19:20:39 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:wonky

have you watched the video how to do so?


Yes, but it’s still not ticking that box. I’ve managed to get notifications now though, but it’s still not fully connecting.

Other issue is I cannot connect to Wear OS by Google. How can I solve this? Many thanks.

Oct 17, 2018 6:17:51 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Oct 15, 2018 19:16:45 GMT 1 scorch said:
I see the option to tick the box allowing my watch to get internet access via my phone, but the box automatically unticks itself. Am I doing something wrong here? Also, when I connect my Bluetooth headphones to my watch to listen to music it disconnects almost every 30 seconds. is there a way to fix this?

Make sure your phone as enabled the internet by BT access.

Box was unticking for me too. Enabling BT internet access "under Bluetooth settings" on phone worked for me.

thor 4 pro, bought bluetooth 5.0 headset, when i try to connect via bluetooth, it stays, keeps connect and disconnect and does not work, any help?

( I tested a solution and it worked, it works with the WIWATCH program, it works the headset, but the intention of the smartwatch is to use without needing the cell phone. Any solution?)

I have a google pixel 2 and Thor 4 Pro and cannot get internet access enabled. Tried via phone and watch, just keep unticking. Tried everything suggested here, anyone have any other suggestions?

Mar 14, 2019 16:57:13 GMT 2 shiondelibra said:
thor 4 pro, bought bluetooth 5.0 headset, when i try to connect via bluetooth, it stays, keeps connect and disconnect and does not work, any help?

( I tested a solution and it worked, it works with the WIWATCH program, it works the headset, but the intention of the smartwatch is to use without needing the cell phone. Any solution?)


Apr 2, 2019 22:30:30 GMT 2 cmenchion said:
I have a google pixel 2 and Thor 4 Pro and cannot get internet access enabled. Tried via phone and watch, just keep unticking. Tried everything suggested here, anyone have any other suggestions?

Guys, have you used my video to do so? Wiiwatch2 and headsets work well together.do you need a video?

Hey, honestly I’ve tried every which way possible to get it to enable. It just refuses to. The Video up in the post did not help at all in my situation.

Apr 3, 2019 4:42:18 GMT 2 cmenchion said:
Hey, honestly I've tried every which way possible to get it to enable. It just refuses to. The Video up in the post did not help at all in my situation.

Let me check with different phones and I’ll make a vidw

That would be much appreciated. As I said I tried doing what the video said and trying what I could think of with no luck. the share internet just keeps unchecking.

Apr 3, 2019 15:08:16 GMT 2 cmenchion said:
That would be much appreciated. As I said I tried doing what the video said and trying what I could think of with no luck. the share internet just keeps unchecking.

yes, i know it is tricky to know what to do to make it work.