Bluetooth internet tethering

Hi guys,

I have an issue trying to setup a bluetooth internet tethering from my phone to my watch.
For some reason it doesn’t work. When I go to paired devices in my watch and press settings on paired phone I have an option to tick “Internet access” profile but for some reason - it doesn’t let me do it.

I have a Finow Q7 watch but I assume the stock ros should be similiar for all Finow watches.

Have any one setup BT internet tethering sucesfully? Also can you tick “Internet access” profile in paired devices?

Thanks

Dec 3, 2017 12:01:51 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Hi guys,

I have an issue trying to setup a bluetooth internet tethering from my phone to my watch.
For some reason it doesn’t work. When I go to paired devices in my watch and press settings on paired phone I have an option to tick “Internet access” profile but for some reason - it doesn’t let me do it.

I have a Finow Q7 watch but I assume the stock ros should be similiar for all Finow watches.

Have any one setup BT internet tethering sucesfully? Also can you tick “Internet access” profile in paired devices?

Thanks

i have the s1 with finow q7 firmware (basically same watch) and for me tethering works just fine, do you want a video on how i do that?

Dec 3, 2017 12:13:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Hi guys,

Thanks

i have the s1 with finow q7 firmware (basically same watch) and for me tethering works just fine, do you want a video on how i do that?

Of course Sonia. I'd love to take a look at that video. I wasted probably 2-3 hours already trying to set it up. Thank you

Hi guys,

Thanks

Hey Sonia, Any news on that tethering tutorial? Thanks.
Dec 3, 2017 21:19:44 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

Hey Sonia, Any news on that tethering tutorial?
Thanks.

i will upload it tommorow (monday) promise:)

Ok, waiting patiently then

Dec 4, 2017 1:50:20 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 3, 2017 21:19:44 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Hey Sonia, Any news on that tethering tutorial?
Thanks.

Sonia do you use any third party apps to get the Internet tethering working on S1?

If not what would be the steps to get it working.

1. Pair watch with a phone
  2. Establish BT connecton between them
  3. In watch BT settings tick Internet access in Phone profile
  4. Browse internet over BT?

Any other things need to be done to get it to work?

Dec 5, 2017 8:23:21 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

Dec 4, 2017 1:50:20 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sonia do you use any third party apps to get the Internet tethering working on S1?

sorry, so busy with work and kids, i promise today i'm uploading it, no i just use the settings of both devices.

Dec 5, 2017 9:01:17 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 5, 2017 8:23:21 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

sorry, so busy with work and kids, i promise today i'm uploading it, no i just use the settings of both devices.

Ok Sonia, I have successfully set it up. I've  downgraded my firmware as the new update was constantly switching off BT and behold I was able to setup BT internet tethering on older firmware. Seems that 29-11 update for Finow Q7 messes up BT conections badly as it constantly switches BT on and off and you cannot set up BT internet tethering on.