Bluetooth calling.

Hey everyone.

When I have my watch connected to my phone over BT when incoming calls rings - my watch shows the caller number but not their name. anyway to fix this?

Dec 3, 2017 23:33:52 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Hey everyone.

When I have my watch connected to my phone over BT when incoming calls rings - my watch shows the caller number but not their name. anyway to fix this?

which watch do you have?

It is Finow Q7 plus.

Dec 4, 2017 8:02:17 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
It is Finow Q7 plus.

are you using the Watch Helper app? it does'nt show the name, try sync contacts between the two devices and see if it changes, i do'nt use this app cos it is very limited and i use m2d but also there are Watch Droid and Swapp Link.

Dec 4, 2017 8:07:32 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 4, 2017 8:02:17 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
It is Finow Q7 plus.

are you using the Watch Helper app? it does’nt show the name, try sync contacts between the two devices and see if it changes, i do’nt use this app cos it is very limited and i use m2d but also there are Watch Droid and Swapp Link.

I used Watch helper for a bit but it was a constant pain having to listen to BT disconnect sound which you could’t switch off. I use M2D now so I guess that app deals with BT calls now. I will ask the dev about it. Thanks

Dec 4, 2017 8:23:35 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

Dec 4, 2017 8:07:32 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
are you using the Watch Helper app? it does’nt show the name, try sync contacts between the two devices and see if it changes, i do’nt use this app cos it is very limited and i use m2d but also there are Watch Droid and Swapp Link.

I used Watch helper for a bit but it was a constant pain having to listen to BT disconnect sound which you could’t switch off. I use M2D now so I guess that app deals with BT calls now. I will ask the dev about it. Thanks

you can also try Watch Droid if you wo'nt life the m2d.

Dec 4, 2017 8:58:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 4, 2017 8:23:35 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

you can also try Watch Droid if you wo'nt life the m2d.

Is there any app that allows to reply to SMS ? I just found out that M2D doesn't have that capability.
Dec 4, 2017 23:12:41 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

Dec 4, 2017 8:58:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
you can also try Watch Droid if you wo’nt life the m2d.

Is there any app that allows to reply to SMS ? I just found out that M2D doesn’t have that capability.

you can use My SMS but sadly it works only with 3g or wifi no BT.

Dec 5, 2017 1:13:34 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 4, 2017 23:12:41 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Is there any app that allows to reply to SMS ? I just found out that M2D doesn’t have that capability.

Ok so it needs constant Internet access. Wouldn't it be possible to get it working over BT Internet tethering as well?
Dec 5, 2017 8:19:09 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

Dec 5, 2017 1:13:34 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Ok so it needs constant Internet access. Wouldn’t it be possible to get it working over BT Internet tethering as well?

i  never tried will see if it is possible:) another video:)

Dec 5, 2017 9:02:27 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 5, 2017 8:19:09 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Ok so it needs constant Internet access. Wouldn’t it be possible to get it working over BT Internet tethering as well?

i  never tried will see if it is possible:) another video:)

Seems like it is one of the most important feature for people who don't use sim cards in their watches so I think the video would be useful:)

Also after a bit of testing Watchdroid it looks like this is the app that allows to reply to SMS over bluetooth.
I also tested stock e-mail app that works as well.  Good call with Watchdroid Sonia seems it just what I was looking for. Need to test how it deals with phone calls still though.