Bluetooth calling solution.! Kospet hope hack

Well… Go for it.

I don’t think you wasted your money. It’s a great watch with a lot of options. What it doesn’t like is Bluetooth calling. The likelihood of solving this problem was very small from the start. You can read a lot about it in this forum. Buying such a watch and assuming that the problem will go away soon is naive.

4 Likes

We’re working on Android 10 for 7.1.1 watches. You have not wasted your money, you can always upgrade if you want to.

2 Likes

How soon Sir, can we hear about the update on Android 10 for 7.1.1 watches.

Honestly…that’s what I’d like to hear from you. You know why Steve Jobs is successful? It’s because “limitations” is not in his dictionary. He always try to find a way to overcome a limitation. So, if you tell me that bluetooth calling is not possible in Android 7.1.1 then you are limiting yourself to think of other possibilities. I’m very much sure you know a lot about “firmware patch”… That’s when you correct firmware errors and patch updates. So that’s one way of adding the option for bluetooth calling. Another is – If I am able to stream music to my Smartwatch from an Android phone by way of WiFi connectivity, then it is also possible to route voice calls to my watch in the same manner.

I would be carefull with this . I read your post over and over again and its bordering on being insulting to @iscle ( or maybe not ) . Have you ever considered he may do his work for free ? He maybe is a fulltime student or work ? He may have family ? . Maybe just maybe like many on this forum he does it in his sparetime for pure fun …

5 Likes

So again: the chances of Bluetooth calls under Android 7.1 (and this was your original question) are slim. I don’t know exactly how small - but there is certainly a zero before the decimal point.

The chances of bluetooth calls on android 10 are probably a little better, I’m not sure.

So far, none of these watches has ever been updated to a newer version. I know many are working hard on it and I wish these people the best of luck.

2 Likes

Of course it is possible, but it is not worth it.

For example, it would also be possible to port Android Wear to our watches, but we’re not doing it (yet) because it’s not something we’re interested in. The same applies to Android 7.1.1, it is obsolete and will not receive support neither from Google or us (the OpenWatch Team).

3 Likes

So sorry if you ever took my comments insulting to people in this forum, specifically to @iscle (my apologies, too). But that’s not my intention. In fact I am encouraging everyone to think, be creative and go beyond the limitations. I am a computer enthusiast myself back in the eighties. And you can only just imagine the limitations back then…the graphics, the commands, etc. We were taught to overcome these limitations. When you say something like “no, that’s not possible with Android 7.1.1” – it is very discouraging to buy a Smartwatch with a 7.1.1 in it. I would rather say “for now it’s not. But perhaps somebody could come out with a work-around in the future”…eventhough chances are slim. I, myself, was encouraged to research, think of possibilities to be able to overcome the limitations of bluetooth calling. I even emailed to various developers if they could come out with apps that would enable these functionalities. One possibility is thru WiFi connectivity between the Smartwatch and an Android phone. You see, I am very happy with my Prime despite its limitations. I even made my very own watchfaces and it’s satisfying to wear my watch. So, I hope you would not take my comments as an insult. And if you still think that way, then I would not regret if you decide to ban me from this forum. So glad, I learned many things from here. Thanks

No problem and no-one is getting banned . Although not suggested by you its common for forum members to think we get paid and this is a job for us . Well we are a bunch of regular guys with jobs and familys etc that do all of this for fun and in our spare time which at times is difficult . At least you now know where @iscle is with all of this . Enjoy the rest of your weekend :+1:

2 Likes

I would try to go beyond the limitations for things I want myself, for example, if we get a full android watch with nfc I will do my best to try to get google pay to work with it. But to put that much work into a function I do not want myself (bluetooth calling), I would not do that.

If people are discouraged by being told bluetooth calling isn’t possible, then let them be. It’s better that they don’t buy a watch than if they buy one and are unhappy with it because after a couple of months it still doesn’t support bluetooth calling

5 Likes

Generally it’s working in a acceptable state, but still needs a lot of fine-tuning.

4 Likes

We all have different views, but the good thing, we can always learn from those differences. In the end, everyone is right. Depends only on what perspective you’re looking at. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like