**BEWARE** Ten-Fifteen F3 (+Clones, LEM6) Major Design Flaw

Mar 8, 2018 20:03:05 GMT 1 ticktechtalk said:
****WIN Brand New KingWear KW99 with USA 3G 1900mhz band, see below****
You are looking at a pic of my brand new, DISASSEMBLED F3's SIM tray. As you can see the left front point is completely missing. Spent hours trying to figure out why I had good signal, but no network. So, i disassembled the watch...as I have SO many times with previous FINOW/LEMFO products I rcvd DOA.

This is due to the OEM using one of the cheapest of the cheap SIM boards I’ve ever seen. All sliding design contact points should be rounded. Look at any cell phone, even cheap ones, the prongs are rounded. Any basic, logical engineer would never use such a design where a leading edge of the contact points are perpendicular to the tray’s edge and slide direction. EVERY TIME you slide this tray in, even if at the slightest wrong angle, it has the possibility of breaking the watch’s cellular connection…permanently.

SO…I decided to order a LEM6…just to see if this was all clone models. And it is. The LEM6 has the same poorly designed tray. I tried 4 different SIMs, all different carriers. So, being extra aware of the poor design, I ran tests to see what would happen if a user needed to change cards often, such as a biz traveler between international carriers. If i felt any drag AT ALL, I’d stop. ONLY ONE went in with ZERO drag or hangups…Straight Talk’s SIM (i know, shocking).

Hopefully someone can pass this on to the OEM…“spend the extra $0.20 for a better board”. Its always something with these cheap Chinese designs. The watch’s overall marketed features and specs are decent…just poorly executed, cheap components and production mistakes keep these watch’s rep in the gutter.

We’ve already seen what happened to SWT’s LEM6…DIY IP68. Getting real tired of spending $150 for a device that, 9 times out of 10, ends up on the work bench with me having to fix the OEMs HW or production line mistakes.

Personally, I would rather spend $200 on a good quality SmartWatch and know i am getting a device that will last longer than a few months…or arrives DOA. I think this will be the last cheapo I buy from China until i see solid proof that they’ve improved everything about their R&D process and execution. Or a smart company arises from the wearable market’s ashes, and creates a true “flagship” quality design. Maybe soon…??

interesting to know, it might be the problem i have on my ferace 3… have good signal but no connection. just used two different sims before and worked for some time, until one change ended in no connection.

same reasons for me and why i stopped buying those watches. the specs are mostly awesome, but most of the parts are poorly designed and the cheapest materials are used.

i have to say i never had any probs with my other devices (lg urbane 2, amazfit stratos, amayfit bip, north edge fourier 2). especially xiaomi has a very good quality even with the cheap BIP.