Battery usage and Bluetooth: An easy fix

I own a Lemfo LEM10 and it works really well. The main issue I have is whenever I activate the Bluetooth connection, the battery is draining really fast, even if there is nothing connected to it.

So I did my research and I finally found the solution to that problem. You will need to install the application « Bluetooth Visibility Fix » from the Play store. It is free and works nicely.

From the app, you then have access to a more detailed Bluetooth settings. By default, we only have access to On or Off but there is more.

It seems that when Bluetooth is on, the watch (at least my LEM10), is in discovery mode by default, meaning it is scanning for all Bluetooth devices and is also discoverable. This is draining a lot on the battery.

With the app, you can set the mode to only known devices or even to only connected devices. This is reducing drastically the battery usage when idle. The app also lets you have more control on the Bluetooth connection when disconnecting from a device.

Anyway, the simple fact to set the mode to « Only for paired devices » is preventing the watch from scanning the whole neighborhood for nothing.

I was able to last the whole day with Cellular ON, Bluetooth ON, GPS On, Steps tracking on…

Using the Bluetooth for audio still drains more battery when in usage but at least, when it is not connected, the battery drain seems to be negligible,

Let me know if it did help you with your device in the comments.

Have a great day!

8 Likes

Interesting. I will check it out. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

I wonder, could these settings be available through settings search app ?

Sounds good . I will also check this out . Good to see in the new A10 bluetooth and wifi scanning can be switched off . I will be interested to see how this works in A7.1.1

3 Likes

I tried many ways but I never saw those settings before on my LEM10. I had the Ticwris Max and again, I never saw these settings.

Hidden Setting app does not show it, nor Power Short cuts from Square Home launcher.

2 Likes

This is great research. I own the same. L10. And for last few days I’m testing what causes battery drain faster. My phone is on Airplane mode, with only watch face… using as a “watch” only device. Also pedometer is ON.

And this is my 4th day watch is running smoothly. And i’m seeing one more day I can use watch on.

Once it is all over, then I will gradually check with …

`Firmware: i'm using DM20_LEM10_V1.1_20200711`
|AirPlane| wifi | BlueTooth | wrist | Data | Pedometer | Batter lasts  |
========== ==== ========================================================
|   √    |   x  |     x     |   x   |   x  |    x      |  X Days X hrs |
---------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------
|   x    |   x  |     x     |   x   |   x  |    x      |               |

I wish some among you could also fill this as per your own experiences…

2 Likes

Have you let the battery drain completely (5%) and charged it fully?

I did this process twice and it seemed to have let the watch recalibrate the battery capacity at its full potential. I’m using Square Home as a launcher, and I have many things turned on. If I am not far from a cell tower, the battery can last 24-30 hours with casual usage.(meaning the display is not on all the time)

1 Like

I never have anything in mind that if battery will be left only 5% or so then I should charge. I only charge when I get time or when I think i’m going out. or when I don’t have to do anything I charge it. But as I said earlier, for last few days I’m very calculated only for experiment. :slight_smile:

I have altered my charging cable, and it takes only 30 around minutes to get full charge…

I have been smart Launcher… with widgets on screen (battery, clock, weather). Even on battery saver mode, I can use with wifi with this application. in Square Home Launcher you have drag down notification bar, with all settings (activate battery saver mode, and use wifi only or whatever you need). And so do Smart Launcher…

My first result. with only Pedometer on and screen ON only to check time a many times a day. Because I’m a developer and most of the time I spend in front of my laptop. So laptop’s clock is what I look at mostly. BTW… I’ve turned of Battery saver mode.

`Firmware: i'm using DM20_LEM10_V1.1_20200711`
Battery saver mode: OFF
|AirPlane| wifi | BlueTooth | wrist | Data | Pedometer | Batter lasts  |
========== ==== ========================================================
|   √    |   x  |     x     |   x   |   x  |    √      |  4 Days 17 hrs |