Battery is worse than useless

After 2 week of use I can honestly say this watch is a waste of time (pun intended).
With data, wifi, gps and notifications switched off, so everything that makes this a smartwatch turned off, basically leaving it just a watch, I’m lucky if i get 9 hours out of it.
Definitely won’t be buying another lemfo.

If you set luminosity at 100% then it’s understandable even if not very usual, if your luminosity is 25% or 50% then you should have at least 24H…

Aug 12, 2018 12:36:12 GMT 1 dalidog said:
After 2 week of use I can honestly say this watch is a waste of time (pun intended). With data, wifi, gps and notifications switched off, so everything that makes this a smartwatch turned off, basically leaving it just a watch, I'm lucky if i get 9 hours out of it. Definitely won't be buying another lemfo.

Then something is wrong . I have this watch and it runs for ages . Even if you hammer it all day with 3g ( not 4g ) / wifi / bluetooth you will get a very long day out of it .

Have you installed something you shouldnt ? And left app open ?

If this is used correctly 9 hours is wrong unless its faulty ( which is possible ) .

After 2 week of use I can honestly say this watch is a waste of time (pun intended). With data, wifi, gps and notifications switched off, so everything that makes this a smartwatch turned off, basically leaving it just a watch, I'm lucky if i get 9 hours out of it. Definitely won't be buying another lemfo.

Agree with others. I manage to get through the full day as a 'smartwatch' but not as a phone. On my side, screen brightness is the main drain (so needs to be set low unless you really need it), followed by bluetooth (so need to turn off when not in use), followed by wifi (same as BT). I use Macrodroid to automate some of these tasks and helps to make it less fiddly. Also can set connection to 3G instead of 4G, saves a little bit. Hope that helps to get some more time out of it. I would love these watches to get to the point you can rely on them like a phone, but not quite there yet.

I installed FW 2.5 Did a reset, screen is 50% there’s nothing else installed. I went to a festival yesterday at 1pm as I said I switched off everything. I only looked at it about for times up till 10.30pm to see how the battery was doing and it was dead.
Another annoying thing is when I charge my phone I get a notification every 2 seconds telling me my phone is charging. I already know! And that’s with all notifications off in the app. So unless I turn off BT my battery drains in minutes.
It has to be the most frustrating thing I have ever purchased

Aug 12, 2018 13:52:57 GMT 1 dalidog said:

nothing installed does'nt mean there is'nt something draining the battery:)
  1. make sure updates and no sync (all google apps).
  2. have you reset the watch after v2.5? if not do so and again do no.1
  3. make sure that the watch set to 3g and not 4g which drains battery faster.
    4.make sure that wifi and gps are on only when you need them in weak connections they try to connect and it has an effect on battery.
    5.if all the above are done and still have issue that means the battery is faulty, how long do you have the watch?

Aug 12, 2018 14:19:15 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 12, 2018 13:52:57 GMT 1 dalidog said:

nothing installed does’nt mean there is’nt something draining the battery:)

1. make sure updates and no sync (all google apps).
  2. have you reset the watch after v2.5? if not do so and again do no.1
  3. make sure that the watch set to 3g and not 4g which drains battery faster.
    4.make sure that wifi and gps are on only when you need them in weak connections they try to connect and it has an effect on battery.
    5.if all the above are done and still have issue that means the battery is faulty, how long do you have the watch?

All of the above are done it’s 2.40pm battery is at 71% lets see how long it lasts?

2.5 hours later and it’s down to 41%, that’s with everything turned off.
Feel ripped off by Tomtop to be honest, reading the reviews about long battery life. Even if it did last 24 hours that’s not a long battery life. Like I’ve already said, what’s the point of a smartwatch with the smart things switched off?
Think I’ll put it down to experience and go for a smart smartwatch.

Airplane mode seems to have done the trick. Can’t do anything with the watch but at least the battery isn’t draining

Aug 12, 2018 17:23:09 GMT 1 dalidog said:

the watch works fine with all connectivities on it seems your unit is faulty and the right thing to do is replace it, this is a SMARTWATCH you just had bad experience with one unit. just contact the seller and ask for a refund or replacement.

Aug 13, 2018 2:39:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Aug 12, 2018 17:23:09 GMT 1 dalidog said:

the watch works fine with all connectivities on it seems your unit is faulty and the right thing to do is replace it, this is a SMARTWATCH you just had bad experience with one unit. just contact the seller and ask for a refund or replacement.

Contacted Tomtop, told them about the battery life. They said can I sent them a detailed video of the problem?
A 9 hour video of a battery draining? Are they having a laugh?

I must also say that I have the watch most time in flight mode to save battery. Imho, BT connectivity is the strongest power consumer.
Having everthing activated (3g, BT, wlan, GPS, smart notifications), the power wont last a day.
But in flight mode with GPS only and low display, it lasts a day.

It also helps to switch the setting “hand bright screen” to OFF. The equivalent in gesture settings is called “screen on raising”. I found this h t t p s : / /plus.google.com/113891199072744728085/posts/S9itt8FKAc4

and I think it helps on my LEM7 too. With flight mode, BT on, hand bright screen off, intelligent power saving on, and display brightness to ~40% I reach 27 hours.

Aug 13, 2018 10:45:33 GMT 1 dalidog said:

Aug 13, 2018 2:39:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Contacted Tomtop, told them about the battery life. They said can I sent them a detailed video of the problem?
A 9 hour video of a battery draining? Are they having a laugh?

I remember cautioning people about using Tomtop because of their multiple bad reviews. After reading all your posts I think you are frustrated but I think your energy would be better spent learning what makes these smartwatches work for you efficiently. On my Lem 7 I keep BT on all day to receive "selected" notifications via Watchdroid from my phone. I turn it off at night. Usually leave cell connected but normally keep Data off. Only turn on Data, Wi-fi and Gps if I need it. Run Hibernation manager to shut off unneeded apps while the watch sleeps. Rarely use "arm gesture." I control screen brightness based on what I currently need with the "Display brightness" app which makes it simple to adjust on the screen. No auto update of apps allowed. I get 24 to 36 hours per charge depending on actual use. Your battery could be bad but not likely.

Airplane mode seems to be the way for me, turn it of for exercise and dog walks. The battery lasts over 48 hours. Got nowhere with Tomtop anyway, they just make it as difficult as possible.

The battery is not great, but my LG Urbane would only last a day after charge, so at the moment this seems standard. I’ve only had my LEM7 for a week & love it, but the LEMX has just come out & I think what is the point of buying all this new tech when within a few months they bring out another one FFS. Not happy.

mikeyboy:slight_smile: that is the whole point for the manufacturer:) that you keep on buying, look at it that way: do as you do with the phone if you are happy with the watch you have then do’nt buy new one if it is’nt worth upgrading. btw, do you use the lem7 with sim? i had the lem7 and it lasted a full 24hrs with sim in it but i turn off anything that uses 3g like updates, sync…and do them manually if they need to.

Aug 21, 2018 13:54:31 GMT 1 mikeyboy said:
The battery is not great, but my LG Urbane would only last a day after charge, so at the moment this seems standard. I’ve only had my LEM7 for a week & love it, but the LEMX has just come out & I think what is the point of buying all this new tech when within a few months they bring out another one FFS. Not happy.

Actually no different than most products placed in the market for sale. 2019 cars coming out next month making your 2018, a used car and worth less. TV's, Smart Phones, appliances almost everything you can mention is continually updated with more features, shinier etc. It's all designed to separate you from your money. It's what makes the world go around and keeps the economy humming.

The first days I had the watch I was always fiddling with it and after 9 hours I had maybe 10-15% power left. But now it is usually 20-40% after 18 hours. Try to switch BT off when not using it, watch is always on 4G, notifications on and screen brightness so watch is usable. Pedometer on, heart rate monitor on. Sometimes switch GPS on but then uses lot of power and even gets warm. And weather updates. Rarely use as a phone but some days I use it on Spotify with Bluetooth for 1-2 hours a day. (Until something happened to Bluetooth (and GPS) and BT range is only 20cm max!!) so battery life is no problem on my watch.