Battery Charging Questions

One of my smart watches is only five months old and I have noticed it isn’t holding a charge for as long as it once did. It’s a Thor Pro but my question is, for any smart watch do the watches kill the charging of the battery after it reaches 100%. I usually charge for six to 8 hours and I’m wondering if I damaged the battery. I have the new Thor Dual coming and I do not want the same problem… Thanks
Matt

Jan 24, 2019 21:01:00 GMT 1 onemat said:
One of my smart watches is only five months old and I have noticed it isn't holding a charge for as long as it once did. It's a Thor Pro but my question is, for any smart watch do the watches kill the charging of the battery after it reaches 100%. I usually charge for six to 8 hours and I'm wondering if I damaged the battery. I have the new Thor Dual coming and I do not want the same problem... Thanks Matt

I do not pretend to be an expert on batteries but I have owned a bunch of these watches and I know what has worked for me. Sometimes the indication that the battery is not holding a charge for the usual amount of time is because it may be out of calibration. Often from failure to properly charge upon its initial startup.

The procedure I use is to run two apps to update the battery. The first is “Repair Battery” App,   Repair Battery App   to possibly correct any issues with the battery. 

Second I run this “Battery Calibration” App,   Simulated Battery Calibration   to re-calibrate the battery. (This app can be ran anytime you think your battery is out of calibration but I find I usually never have to run it more than once or twice a year.) Make sure you follow the directions, or it will not help. For example you need to keep charging the watch until it reaches 100% or it will not be calibrated. After running this app I have experienced the battery on my watches taking a full charge and dropping all the way to 1% before shutting down. I average about 24+ hours from a charge on average. 

As far as overcharging by leaving it on the charger. This should not occur unless the charging circuit fails. Again I use an inline Volt/Amp meter to monitor the charging cycle on my watch. When it reaches 100% the charger always cycles off. That is unless the watch is powered on during charging. Then you can see a trickle charge or cycling of the charger to compensate for what the watch is using. I regularly leave my I4Air or Les1 on overnight, powered Off. In the morning the meter shows the status and amount of current the watch accepted while charging. It is a way to monitor the battery condition by comparing it to the normal or regular charging cycle. An abnormal amount of current flowing into the watch would be an indication of a problem. For example if you have a 350Mah battery a full charge from near zero would register about 350Mah of current to the watch during the charge cycle when powered Off.

The Lem7 is always powered on while charging so I treat it a little differently.

Thanks Capt. Jon! I will try those apps and see if that improves the situation. I’ll let you know how I make out.

Captjon
I just wanted to let you know the the calibration app worked and I have increased battery life on the Thor Pro.
Thanks!
Matt

Excellent, thanks capt jon :+1:

I have a question. I accidentally used the wrong charger with my kospet prime 2. Now it won’t turn on, what can I do? Have I ruined it?

What data does the charger have?

What do u mean by data?

How many volts and how many amps?

I’m not sure, I was only given a USB cable so I used my own adapter. How can I check?

What data does the charger have which you have used?

1 Like