Auto Screen ON battery drain issue

This (Hands on Brightness) is one of the most basic and important feature. But i am not able to use it because, i dont know why this feature consumes a LOT of battery. It makes it unusable as the battery gets completely drained in just 3-4 hours without doing ANYTHING!

Is there a fix for this issue? Pressing the buttons just to see the time is not good.

Thanks

Mar 29, 2018 12:40:55 GMT 1 shobhitk said:
This (Hands on Brightness) is one of the most basic and important feature. But i am not able to use it because, i dont know why this feature consumes a LOT of battery. It makes it unusable as the battery gets completely drained in just 3-4 hours without doing ANYTHING!

Is there a fix for this issue? Pressing the buttons just to see the time is not good.

Thanks

The same happens to me.

I do not think I have a solution.

If I use my watch on aeroplane mode, even with the wrist flick turning it on I will get at least12 hours, if not more. Screen is on medium, no bluetooth.

Mar 29, 2018 12:40:55 GMT 1 shobhitk said:

the problem is that it does'nt have the option of changing the angle that it turns itself on and it just do it so many times and that it is why it has so much impact on battry life. have you used tap to wake? 

You can try also my launcher, but i’m not sure it will drain less battery.

sophie i am not aware of the tap to wake function. can you please elaborate. thanks

ricktop will give that a try.

shobhitk

no, not part of the watch firmware it is an app from google store, i’ve tried one and it works but the more you use to turn on the screen the more battery it comsumes.

May 20, 2018 14:23:33 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:shobhitk

no, not part of the watch firmware it is an app from google store, i’ve tried one and it works but the more you use to turn on the screen the more battery it comsumes.

oh! we must wait for the bigger mah watches now.

shobhitk

i hope they’ll work on something to have even a simple clock when the watch display is off.

May 23, 2018 19:31:56 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:shobhitk

i hope they’ll work on something to have even a simple clock when the watch display is off.

was just wondering whether to go for pure android watches like W1 etc.

The problem you see is that we dont have enough apps for even very basic needs like a good round calculator, proper navigation app fit for round displays etc. etc.

Basically your ‘smartwatch’ becomes just a fancy watch with different watch faces. no practical use!

shobhitk

most apps are easy to use on these watches if not i would’nt use them. i mostly try to look for floating apps or popup apps which can be modified to the screen. have you tried ricktop apps that are made for these watches? also have you checked the friendly apps section?

play.google.com/store/search?q=ricktop&hl=en

I am not sure why but lately my W1 has been lasting longer per charge. At one point I was getting 12 hours with a few phone calls now I am getting over 36 hours.

Maybe I had an app that was using a lot of battery and now that it has updated I have a longer battery life.

Jun 9, 2018 1:08:33 GMT 1 kyone said:
I am not sure why but lately my W1 has been lasting longer per charge. At one point I was getting 12 hours with a few phone calls now I am getting over 36 hours.

Maybe I had an app that was using a lot of battery and now that it has updated I have a longer battery life.

most likely but also it has to do with how you charge it, i’ve noticed that if i charge it when it is on and not letting it turns off and charge it to 99% or 100% and not leaving it through the night i get great battery life.

May 26, 2018 9:41:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:shobhitk

most apps are easy to use on these watches if not i would’nt use them. i mostly try to look for floating apps or popup apps which can be modified to the screen. have you tried ricktop

apps that are made for these watches? also have you checked the friendly apps section?

play.google.com/store/search?q=ricktop&hl=en

Yes i have used them and they work nicely! It would have been nice if the auto hand screen on feature did not drain that much battery…