arraytype 15 arraytype 15 resets the coordinate system to centre at 200,200.

arraytype 15

arraytype 15 resets the coordinate system to centre at 200,200. Therefore an arraytype 15 must be the last item in clock_skin.xml
or
each item following must offset by -200,-200 with

Thanks for explanation Andy. It would be great to see a kind of tutorial how to deal with clock skin maker programme as I struggle to get this working. No idea how to start it?. It’s kinda frustrating as I’m not a dumb if it comes to electronic devices or graphic designs. Up to now everything I do - do it manually - which is quite slow and frustrating.

I do most things manually too, but use the clock skin maker to position objects sometimes. But I was surprised when in this case it looked completely different on the real watch. It was “trial and error” to figure out what was causing the problem
What sort of things would you like to see in a tutorial?

Just a basic knowledge - how to start? I mean - how to add details like panels, hands and etc. to see them working on screen and to change their position? Looks like it accepts .watch files only? Are xml files created by programme itself automatically or you need to do it manually? How to complete your work? Cheers for your time mate.

I use it for checking my work, but I’m sure you can do a lot more with it. A “getting starting tutorial” would be good. Andrew Davis has done a few posts explaining layers etc. and there’s a guy I know who likes to make videos, @SmartWatch_Ticks :slight_smile: There’s lots of people who could help out with this.
To address you immediate questions: to start a new skin, I’ve always start with a copy of some existing one and modify it. The ClockSkinMaker will look for skins under your c:\Users<name>\ClockSkin\ folder. Each skin is in its own folder, (just like the real watch) so copy it into here.
To add a layer, in the properties box click … next to filename. Then choose an image from the popup dialogue. This will add it to the top of the list. In the layers box, click on it to select it and use the up and down (^ v ) arrows to move its position in the list. The red X will delete it. Layers (actually just PNG images) are drawn in order of top to bottom. PNG images have the ability to have transparent sections so you can build up interesting faces by masking and letting portions of underlying layers through.
To add hands double click in the Toolbox box on the rotate rate you want, this will add it to the bottom of the layers list. Click on it to select it and click the … to attach an image to it. You can enter numbers in the CenterX/Y to change the position or click and drag it in the main image box.
Clicking the floppy disk icon at the top will save everything.
I think with .watch files you can only import the images.

Cheers for the explanation Andrew. That’s what I want to know! Going to continue my faces when I get my PC repaired :grinning: