APPLLP MAX S999 + other HEBS types - UNSUPPORTED - posts left here

OK, too bad. FWIW the Google ecosystem, HR, and lift to wake are all working flawlessly so far in the A10 GSI I’m using (crdoid). I haven’t tried a SIM card yet.

2 Likes

Yep, even though I have the source code for A10, the A12 system doesn’t work with the modem library and various other important drivers.
It’s probably due to the customised kernel drivers used.
We got A12 booting and usable to an extent on a LEM 12 pro. But no modem, no heart rate sensor and GMS just not possible.

4 Likes

Ok, the modem is now working.
A lot of work still to be done and I am not sure if we have time. :pensive:

3 Likes

Hello dear colleagues!
I haven’t posted anything on the forum for a long time, but I have quite serious personal problems.
I decided to get away from my problems a bit and took out the APPLLP MAX smartwatch (variant S999) from the drawer, which had been there since December '22.

I decided to “humanize” this device a bit because the original software is nasty. I described my experience on my website.

I divided my work into five parts:

1. Unlocking bootloader

I finally found a way to unlock devices without volume buttons!!!

1. Flashing Custom ROM.

2. Root the system.
    capture_07042023_022918

3. Application installation.
    capture_07042023_164949

The last part is trying to do a smartwatch function on a custom ROM.
And here I have a question for my esteemed colleagues: Have any of you found an application that can display clockskin on the screensaver or as a screen lock?

capture_07042023_175156

Regards

1 Like

There is an app by Eric that can display a single watchface of your choice. However, it is no longer available in the playstore and I can’t find the download link anywhere.
Maybe @Eric_Crochemore can help.

3 Likes

Maybe this ?
Playstore app

3 Likes

I’ve re-opened this topic and we’ll see where it goes.
Cheers
Pablo11

I am the only one who is not so sad about appllp max?? :thinking::thinking::thinking: Yeah some issue like there is no tap to wake and some app restrictions at the end this is not so bad at least for me :grin::grin:

Eric!
Thanks for the hint, but your Live Wallpaper didn’t work for me on three smartwatches and two smatrphones - I can see the faces but after selecting the application disappears.
However, I managed (after hundreds of attempts) to launch Universal Launcher and even with the ability to switch between home screens:

capture_07092023_002959 capture_07092023_023500

Unfortunately, the table types 67, 68 and 100 don’t work for me and I worked a bit on this skin :slight_smile:
I have described my experiences here.

1 Like

Axper you still haven’t explored what the normal watches feature, that’s why))

Yep, pretty much.
Passable as a pocket PC but not really a “smart watch”
I really don’t see the point of this product but I have allowed it to be open in the hope that people take notice of what @Bozley says:

Yep, though since GSI can be installed, someone may take their time and adapt an Android version for this watch.

On XDA maybe…
We certainly won’t have anything to do with it.
Especially after the solution provider for these HEBs devices copied some of the closed source code for financial benefit.
Hence the warning post here

1 Like

Yeah I get it, I would be pissed too if someone stole my/close factory’s code :joy:

Interesting to see some members who have YouTube channels here, feature those watches such as APPLLP Max (Smartwatch ticks).

Pablo!
For me, it doesn’t really matter what hardware I’m working on. I am learning to modify various devices. A year ago I failed to unlock TICWRIS MAX S, on which I would like to install GSI ROM to have a newer version of Android than the company one. Now I can unlock the bootrom on virtually any smartwatch with MTK processors and this is the knowledge I gained while playing with the S999. So even dull equipment sometimes comes in handy.
Regards

1 Like

Yeah that’s very true, worst situations help you ease the lighter ones.

What he means is that he doesn’t want those companies to link to this forum as a way to upgrade their device for them to get even more profit, while you sit here spending your time mostly for free for others to enjoy.

Basically we don’t want anything to do with them because they used other people’s work and secondly they are unsupportable (firmware, warranty etc etc)
Equally many user complain about rapid failure of hardware.
Glad you have been able to gain knowledge from your experience @vbayer
Most people here would not be going down that path and want reliability and custom watch face integration.
@xwtk Mr Ticks has his own channel and site and reviews many types of wearables.
He is an old friend of ours and we often work together, but doesn’t have the same mission statement as us.

2 Likes

Ah I see, understandable now.

2 Likes

I’m wanting to do your guide as it’s VERY detailed. I must ask however, did you lose IMEI/SIM usability? Asking because I do need to maintain SIM support.