Anyone ever experience an issue on their D5 with wifi cycling through “Authenticating…” and “Obtaining an IP Address…” and never fully connecting? It’s been working fine since I got it, but this morning, my D5 (newest stock firmware received OTA) started this issue. I also tried connecting to the hotspot on my iPhone with the same result. Wifi doesn’t want to connect fully to any network anymore. The Bluetooth tethering (through iPhone) connects, but there it still seems to lack connectivity as the Play Store prompts for a wifi connection to allow logging in and the browser won’t connect to web.
- My first step was to do a power cycle. Same issue.
- I tried changing the wifi password to less characters. Same issue.
- My next step was a factory reset (first since I received it). Same issue.
- My next step was to change the power setting so the network stays connected (longer) if the display is off. Same issue.
- My next step was to leave it powered off for 30 minutes. Same issue.
- I just searched the xda forum threads and this community for anyone with the same symptom with no results.
- This step is to ask if anyone here has experienced the same symptom and found a resolution.
- My next step will be to remove the back and pull the battery cable.
- If that doesn’t work, I was going to try flashing Lokifish’s ROM.
- After that, I guess I’ll RMA it with GearBest.
Thanks in advance for any ideas or assistance.