Anyone else having issues with the Android app crashing?

Does anyone else have a difficult time getting the phone app to stay working? It crashes all the time and I’ve only been able to get my phone to connect to the watch via the app once or twice since I got it a few days ago. Usually as soon as the watch connects via the app the app crashes. It’s frustrating. I’ve tried both WiiWear & Sinwear. I’m running a Pixel XL all updated and junk and I also did the OTA’s on the watch as well. Everything should be up to date and ideal as per the developers wishes. I tried uninstalling & installing as well as pairing & forgetting with reboots and any combination of the above w/o any success.

Jan 8, 2017 21:34:19 GMT 1 ostrichsak said:
Does anyone else have a difficult time getting the phone app to stay working? It crashes all the time and I've only been able to get my phone to connect to the watch via the app once or twice since I got it a few days ago. Usually as soon as the watch connects via the app the app crashes. It's frustrating. I've tried both WiiWear & Sinwear. I'm running a Pixel XL all updated and junk and I also did the OTA's on the watch as well. Everything should be up to date and ideal as per the developers wishes. I tried uninstalling & installing as well as pairing & forgetting with reboots and any combination of the above w/o any success.

this apps are far from perfect  i prefer the M2D app and i also use My SMS for calls and sms.

Jan 9, 2017 0:13:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 8, 2017 21:34:19 GMT 1 ostrichsak said:
Does anyone else have a difficult time getting the phone app to stay working? It crashes all the time and I’ve only been able to get my phone to connect to the watch via the app once or twice since I got it a few days ago. Usually as soon as the watch connects via the app the app crashes. It’s frustrating. I’ve tried both WiiWear & Sinwear. I’m running a Pixel XL all updated and junk and I also did the OTA’s on the watch as well. Everything should be up to date and ideal as per the developers wishes. I tried uninstalling & installing as well as pairing & forgetting with reboots and any combination of the above w/o any success.

this apps are far from perfect  i prefer the M2D app and i also use My SMS for calls and sms.

Why not just use M2D for everything?  Why do you need two different apps to do the same thing?  Can’t you just use M2D Sender/Receiver/Bluetooth to get all the notifications you need to get?  I wish that either WiiWear or SinWear would get updated to work as advertised.  Without it working properly these watches are largely worthless.

Jan 12, 2017 5:12:07 GMT 1 ostrichsak said:

Jan 9, 2017 0:13:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Why not just use M2D for everything?  Why do you need two different apps to do the same thing?  Can’t you just use M2D Sender/Receiver/Bluetooth to get all the notifications you need to get?  I wish that either WiiWear or SinWear would get updated to work as advertised.  Without it working properly these watches are largely worthless.

with My SMS  you can reply to calls and sms through the watch and with m2d you can’t only a notification.

Oh, I see. Makes sense. I have no desire to reply via the watch so I will likely be alright with M2D. Do you happen to know if I will still have to channel all my messages through their servers if I do the Bluetooth option? I’ve read that using M2D means you’re giving permission to route all of your information through their servers and are also reliant on their servers to be up and communicating properly. If I do the Bluetooth connected does it negate the need for their servers or does it still go through them? If you don’t know the answer to this specifically that’s cool but you seem pretty knowledgeable so you may know.

Jan 12, 2017 22:23:56 GMT 1 ostrichsak said:
Oh, I see. Makes sense. I have no desire to reply via the watch so I will likely be alright with M2D. Do you happen to know if I will still have to channel all my messages through their servers if I do the Bluetooth option? I've read that using M2D means you're giving permission to route all of your information through their servers and are also reliant on their servers to be up and communicating properly. If I do the Bluetooth connected does it negate the need for their servers or does it still go through them? If you don't know the answer to this specifically that's cool but you seem pretty knowledgeable so you may know.

when you use bt it is more secure than through 3g or wifi because with them you need to use 3rd party servers.

Jan 13, 2017 18:31:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 12, 2017 22:23:56 GMT 1 ostrichsak said:
Oh, I see. Makes sense. I have no desire to reply via the watch so I will likely be alright with M2D. Do you happen to know if I will still have to channel all my messages through their servers if I do the Bluetooth option? I’ve read that using M2D means you’re giving permission to route all of your information through their servers and are also reliant on their servers to be up and communicating properly. If I do the Bluetooth connected does it negate the need for their servers or does it still go through them? If you don’t know the answer to this specifically that’s cool but you seem pretty knowledgeable so you may know.

when you use bt it is more secure than through 3g or wifi because with them you need to use 3rd party servers.

My opinion : BT is not as secure as we think - there are many known security holes - I use on all my devices VPN with Chameleon 256 bit encryption ( 3G - 4G - Wifi )
Here you can find a little explication about bluetooth security : www.radio-electronics.com/info/wireless/bluetooth/security.php

Soniasophie did you know an encryption for BT traffic.

Thanks for your good work and help.

Jan 14, 2017 21:21:43 GMT 1 hdf4800 said:

Jan 13, 2017 18:31:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

My opinion : BT is not as secure as we think - there are many known security holes - I use on all my devices VPN with Chameleon 256 bit encryption ( 3G - 4G - Wifi )
Here you can find a little explication about bluetooth security : www.radio-electronics.com/info/wireless/bluetooth/security.php

For me I’m not as much concerned about the security aspect as I am just keeping everything LAN style. My SmartHome Automation is all local and independent of remote servers to function as this is an important aspect to me. I have a smoker that has remote access via WiFi but rather than just give me the ability to forward parts and run my own server I’m dependent on their server to be up and running and I dislike needing this dependence. Same thing with this watch and my smartphone. If someone within 33’ has nothing better to do than read my text messages to my wife then so be it. I’ll take the rare chance of that happening over the idea of someone somewhere storing all of my information and data to do what they want with it… regardless of what entity has that data. Basically, I want my smartwatch to look cool and offer basic functionality and I don’t want all the other ‘services’ or ‘features’ that don’t apply to me nor do I want to give big brother more permissions and access for those features to work that I will never use… if all of that makes sense. Just trying to keep it simple here for my personal needs. Direct BT connection for basic notifications is all I’m looking for. Giving permission to a 3rd party to have access to ALL of my notifications and data isn’t something I’m comfortable with even though most are.

Jan 14, 2017 23:18:36 GMT 1 ostrichsak said:
Jan 14, 2017 21:21:43 GMT 1 hdf4800 said:
My opinion : BT is not as secure as we think - there are many known security holes - I use on all my devices VPN with Chameleon 256 bit encryption ( 3G - 4G - Wifi ) Here you can find a little explication about bluetooth security : www.radio-electronics.com/info/wireless/bluetooth/security.php

For me I'm not as much concerned about the security aspect as I am just keeping everything LAN style. My SmartHome Automation is all local and independent of remote servers to function as this is an important aspect to me. I have a smoker that has remote access via WiFi but rather than just give me the ability to forward parts and run my own server I'm dependent on their server to be up and running and I dislike needing this dependence. Same thing with this watch and my smartphone. If someone within 33' has nothing better to do than read my text messages to my wife then so be it. I'll take the rare chance of that happening over the idea of someone somewhere storing all of my information and data to do what they want with it... regardless of what entity has that data. Basically, I want my smartwatch to look cool and offer basic functionality and I don't want all the other 'services' or 'features' that don't apply to me nor do I want to give big brother more permissions and access for those features to work that I will never use... if all of that makes sense. Just trying to keep it simple here for my personal needs. Direct BT connection for basic notifications is all I'm looking for. Giving permission to a 3rd party to have access to ALL of my notifications and data isn't something I'm comfortable with even though most are.

thanks for the info i was sure it was more secure because it goes through devices and not servers.